How to remove a Schwinn 3 piece crank

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok first you find a small flat tool that will remove the two plastic covers on the cranks. Remove. Then you remove the pedals. Then remove the two 14mm nuts from inside the cranks. Then You will find you need some special tool you dont have that screws into the crank and pushes the crank arm off. SO you grab your trusty porta bandsaw. The first cut is made on the bottom tube....the next cut is to the bottom of the seat post ...the last cut is the chainstays....Voila you have sucessfully removed a Schwinn 3 piece crank. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

schwinncrank001.jpg

The only 3-piece I care about is on my 'goose, and I have the tool. You can also use; sawzall, angle grinder, 14" chopsaw(gas or electric) air scissors(need a drill to start), household circular saw w/cheap fibre blade, household circ. w/expensive diamond blade, torch, arc welder, jack hammer w/hardened spade tip(slow but crazy fun), .308 w/peepsight, or if you're a caveman, hand held hacksaw. :lol:

Back