How to ship wheels

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So I need to quote shipping, our U.S.P.S. is at $38.00 each. And Fedex was at $106.00!
Any good suggestions?

BOX SIZE! I can get a pair of wheels shipped by way of USPS for around 25-30$ anywhere. The #1 thing to know is the price tiers by size. USPS price rates jump after 84 linear inches. They jump again after 108. A box that perfectly fits wheels tends to be right around the 84 mark. Linear inches is the length + girth. Length is longest side. Girth is (height x 2) + (depth x 2). So it's important to get a box that is under 84 total inches. If you can do this, then you should be in the clear. I custom make or modify existing boxes to accomplish this all the time. Good luck. Cheers!

Shipping on the site for the 3G wheels I have bought is $20 for the pair is this a special deal or do you think if that size box was used that would be our price with the same carrier?

[quote="mikeeebikey, post: 786720, member: 1706PS is at $27.00 each box....[/quote]
Going to their site to see what size box makes everthing jump in price. Hate to ship wheels together.

What happened to the good ol days when ups shipped bicycle/wheels dirt cheap?

Latest posts

Back