Howdy from Memphis

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a smashing good site. This edit is a long time coming . When I first tried to introduce myself here almost a year ago I wrote several lengthy paragraphs only to loose them to cyber space and pretty much gave up on it out of sheer fustration.

My name is Ward, I am 42 and returning to the hobby for the first time since getting a drivers licens . I bought my first bike on March 18 , 2012. It is a Genesis Onex 29" cruiser. I was unsure whether or not I would stick with riding and normally don't buy anything without applying due dillengence. This started out an no exception to the rule. I had read reviews and done homework and selected a 26" La Jolla cruiser . I was yet unaware that 29" bikes even existed. I had gone to my nearest Wal-Mart to pick up this bike and sold out. I then checked walmart.com amd made plans to visit another Wal-Mart after work. I discovered that their website had lied to me again, and looked yet again to walmart.com even though it had been wrong twice now.. There were 3 of these bikes at a store across town. My faith in their website shaken at this point, I called the store and confirmed that the bike was instock. I was assured it was but the helpful employee who told me this had simply checked walmart.com instead of any official store inventory. I arrived to dissappointment again , but the Onex 29er was on the shelf and since the manager had me drive across town se marked it down from $149.00 to $119.00 . I bought it even though I had never heard of or seen one before.

Since then I've become an addict. I pretty much run a bike shop out of my living room . I discovered this site looking for advice on a problem I was having with my left crank arm, and decided to stick around since rat rod is pretty much my style.

Latest posts

Back