HOWDY from pa

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey kids!

im preston, got my first older bike last year. early 70s huffy open road 3spd. the new bike i just got is a post 53 bfgoodrich bike that im building into a board tracker. so far i turned around the handle bars and put a persons seat on it. the schwinn has its original patina and stuff and im keeping it that way. the only thing im changing is im getting rid of the cantalevers and putting a solid bar accross to make it more like a heavy weight. also im building a custom gas tank for it to make it more like a board tracker.

ive been creepin on this site for the last 2 weeks and i liked what i saw so i joined.

also how can i get the grips off the huffy? theyre brown and match the schwinn real nice.

no pics till further notice. i dont have a camera right now hahah

Hey Preston, welcome
If you have an air compressor just put your finger on the hole in the end of the grip then blow the air from the other grip and it should come off. Dont stand in front of the gip thow, i have shot them accross the shop. :mrgreen:

welcome :mrgreen:
you can also CAREFULLY pry the edge of the grip up with a thin bladed screwdriver and shoot some wd40 or glass cleaner under it and work it off..twist,twist,twist :D

Thanks for the welcome guys. Im gonna do the wd40 thing as soon as i find one of those little straw things haha. And this forum is really quite awesome :D

Latest posts

Back