Howdy! from San Antonio, Tejas!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakedog

RRB Supporter
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I've really been enjoying lurking on this site and have definitely been bitten by the vintage/ratrod bug. Although a little different from most bikes on this site, I still have my Trek 720 from high school. It is a full on touring frame I bought new in 1983 ('82 model) and built up with Campagnolo racing parts. I have since restored it to a more traditional touring setup, but I still have the Campy cranks and brakes. When I moved in to my house, there were two circa 1960 Columbia girls bikes in the garage which I look forward to cleaning up and getting back on the road.

My everyday ride is an El Cheapo contemporary cruiser. I've already switched out the wheels, handlebars, and converted the cranks to three piece. When searching for better wheels, I discovered Klunkers and I'm hooked. I'm looking for an old DX (just like most everyone else) to build out. I have recently acquired a '61 cantilever and '51 DX frame. They are both 24" that I want to build out for the nieces and nephew. (Thinking about a Stingray for the nephew too.) I have a nice '52 Spitfire straight bar on the way too. I think that one will be my everyday coaster brake ride. If anyone has a solid, reasonably priced DX, I'm interested. I'll post photos of my rides soon. Looking forward to utilizing all the knowledge out there on this site.

Robert

Welcome Robert, I was born and raised in San Antonio. A really cool bike scene there and in Austin. We probably know some of the same Vatos!

Welcome Robert, I was born and raised in San Antonio. A really cool bike scene there and in Austin. We probably know some of the same Vatos!

No doubt. San Antonio is the biggest small town in the country. Just today I was riding on the Mission Reach and saw one of my (many) cousins. The bike scene here has really branched out the past few years and is getting stronger all the time.

Back