Howdy from South Jersey

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
I've been following Rat Rod Bikes on Facebook for some time now and, thanks to all the cool inspiration, have finally decided to get my butt in gear. I bought this bike about 5 years ago for $100 and have been storing it ever since. From what I gather, based on the serial number and photos of comparable bikes, this looks to be a '57 Hornet.
schwinn_zps5e4c46b4.jpg

This spring I am determined to start the restoration, with hopes of finishing it by end of summer. (I'm a total newbie, so we'll see how that goes.) I look forward to chatting with you all, browsing the forum, and posting progress. Any advise you'd like to throw my way would by much appreciated!

Cheers!
Gwen

welcome Gwen look forward to watching your build happen

Troy

Thanks guys! So excited, but I gotta admit, I'm a little disappointed that I didn't pick a cooler member name. :wink:

Welcome to RRB Gwen,
If you planning on working on your Schwinn from Spring to Fall, you should consider doing it as part of the RRB Build Off #8. You can't start until May 1st and you have to complete the work by Aug 4th. It's a blast to be a part of the build off.
Have fun here on the forum!

kingfish254 said:
Welcome to RRB Gwen,
If you planning on working on your Schwinn from Spring to Fall, you should consider doing it as part of the RRB Build Off #8. You can't start until May 1st and you have to complete the work by Aug 4th. It's a blast to be a part of the build off.
Have fun here on the forum!
it's most definitely a blast! maybe even spastakular!!!

Aww shucks, thanks fellas. I'm going to check out the regs for the build off. Sounds pretty awesome. Perfect timing too.

Latest posts

Back