How's this for a rat rod...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up this krusty bike late last night. I got it from a guy who knew the original owner when they were kids. He said nobody besides the owner could ride this bike. I can imagine. You would have had to have been a pretty tall kid to ride this bike. The owner of the bike was killed on a motorcycle during his senior year of high school. The guy I got the bike from had it in his possession for the last 35 years. Too bad it wasn't kept inside the house. When he originally posted this bike on craigslist several months ago he was asking a ridiculous price of $1500. He changed his mind and lowered the asking price to $300 plus a parts bike. I took a look at the bike and put some weight on the front end to make sure the forks weren't going to bend or break. They seemed pretty solid. I still didn't want to pay $300 for the bike so I talked him down to $250. The parts bike is a girls rollfast scoot 666. It is a junker too but I like the chain guard.
Here are some pics of my new project. Hopefully I will be able to get the top fuel forks, handlebars, and sissy bar re chromed.
001-16.jpg

003-18.jpg

004-25.jpg

005-22.jpg

Boris said:
outskirtscustoms said:
I love those forks!
This bike ooozes history! Ilove it! Leave it as it is maybe?

I'd do an OA bath for everything to get rid of the rust then after a rinse I'd clear-coat it to protect it from further rust. Leave the patina just get rid of the rust.

I don't think the rust will clean up. The crank, chain, and pedals are frozen. Thankfully the headset is loose.
I would like to get a few things re chromed but it may take a while to get them done.
I am going to eventually tear down the bike to see what can be salvaged. I would like to save the frame and try to rebuild this bike as close to original as possible.

pkh1974 said:
I don't think the rust will clean up. The crank, chain, and pedals are frozen. Thankfully the headset is loose.
I would like to get a few things re chromed but it may take a while to get them done.
I am going to eventually tear down the bike to see what can be salvaged. I would like to save the frame and try to rebuild this bike as close to original as possible.
Well mate, which ever road you choose you saved a beaut there!!

Back