Hub disassembly?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

I'm making myself a burrito, and I've got some problems with a hub I'm gonna use to keep the chain away from the seat. Sometimes it wont turn, and welding it to the seatpost certainly didn't help.. So, anyone know how to disassemble this type of hub? It's from a DBS Kombi..

Thanks

Eirik

23092009330.jpg

23092009334.jpg

Unthread the inner bearing race from the sprocket side of the axle, unscrew the male bendix drive (the part w/the sprocket attached) by turning counter-clockwise. The rest should slide out the other side. To use as a chain guide, just take the female side of the bendix (it's the part inside that the male threads into) and the brake shoes (or discs)out.

deorman said:
Unthread the inner bearing race from the sprocket side of the axle, unscrew the male bendix drive (the part w/the sprocket attached) by turning counter-clockwise. The rest should slide out the other side. To use as a chain guide, just take the female side of the bendix (it's the part inside that the male threads into) and the brake shoes (or discs)out.

Thanks for the reply! The entire thing was really stuck, but in the end I mangaged to get it loose on the oposite side of the spocket. Removed most of the gut, and now it's a perfect chain guide :D
Will post intro on a later occation

Back