Huff the mighty…..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like that camo color. Looks like it laid down nicely.

Thanks Oddjob! The paint did lay down nice. I was just invisioning a darker shade. I think I’ll pick up another can of Krylon Italian Olive after work today.

Clear coat may darken it a bit too, if that’s what bugging ya… unless a military theme is your goal
Thanks Doc Tankenstein! I did hit it with a bit of gloss clear after taking the pictures just to get a better idea of what it would look like, but think I’m going to repaint it tonight. I’m not shooting for a military look, I remember seeing a vintage Harley that best as I can remember was an olive green with red pin striping. I am going for that sort of look.

Thanks Doc Tankenstein! I did hit it with a bit of gloss clear after taking the pictures just to get a better idea of what it would look like, but think I’m going to repaint it tonight. I’m not shooting for a military look, I remember seeing a vintage Harley that best as I can remember was an olive green with red pin striping. I am going for that sort of look.
Like an old 30's DL paint?

img4239-1573576931261@2x.jpg

That's usually what most associate the olive that isn't OD with

Really cool work on the fender. That's hot looking.
*Man, I need a new phone. I was trying to figure out what kind of quick release lever that c clamp was.

I thought the same thing at first.

Once you find the right olive paint, then all you need is some pimento red paint to go with it to make the right HD cocktail.

1625011515373.png

I'm digging this build by the way. Any time a canti frame loses it's wings, I smile inside. :D

I discovered my first fade paint job by doing just what you did, starting with the bike flipped upside down. I like the idea of two colors that are close on the color wheel faded in a top - down fashion. It seems to add depth and our 'eye' picks up on it, even if it doesn't discern exactly what it's looking at.

70348108_500023887464029_7454059945734963200_n.jpg

69816122_754656548325308_3075337514697883648_n.jpg

That's Rustoleum Harvets Grape matte on the underside and front of the seat stays and seat tube, with a color called something like 'Speed' from an odd maker I found on the top side.

Latest posts

Back