Huffman Airflyte

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello this is my 1950 Huffman Airflyte. I have began the restoration of this bike. I will replate, and paint all parts. I have researched the paint schemes and the alternate color to the blues are: Atomic Red, and Royal Maroon. I will be going with the Red scheme. It was the one owner of a gentleman in his early 70s. He was haveing financial strains and needed to sale. He shared stories of traveling to the hospital on it to visit his ill sister who spent a few months at the hospital. Its hands down the best CL find Ive found.

Airflyte1.jpg

Thats really nice and looks like it just has about 20 years of dust on it. Restoration will be nice but this one would be one of those bikes that actually would clean up super nice. Cheers.

EastOfEastLos said:
Thats really nice and looks like it just has about 20 years of dust on it. Restoration will be nice but this one would be one of those bikes that actually would clean up super nice. Cheers.
Thanks
I'd almost agree but up close which this pic doesn't show there is some pretty rough areas. Various add on items like switches etc. I'm going to try to take it back to it's original state. Drop the basket, fill in the add on switch holes, tank has some battery leakage that caused a rust hole; repair that. Delta Battery box has a hole in the bottom. Wheels are toast.

The previous owner said he would love to see it like new again. I almost hated to take it when i realized how attached he was. He was pretty sad to see it pull away but needed the financial help. I couldn't or wouldnt, haggle over the price. One of those things. Still a fair price.

Thanks

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?4hz5p5

CeeBee said:
"Its hands down the best CL find Ive found." Come on, what about that awesome Colorflow from the Nashville craigslist? :D
CEEBEE, You make a good point there. Your Colorflow would be my hands down BEST CL find. In reality, I guess I mis stated there. The Airflyte would be behind the Colorflow. I honestly forgot that technicaly the Colorflow came through a CL listing, and since I already knew you, In my mind I categorized it differently, but youre right there.

Man I love these old bikes.

Latest posts

Back