Huffy Broadmoor Military time machine

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This will be my first build off, I am a new member. I scored the Broadmoor from a junk pile in the country, and saved it from the scrap yard. This will be a military themed build. It actually is pretty much already done, but I want to wait to display all of the pics. So here are the initial tear down pics. P.S. This is going to be a single speed machine.

huffy2001.jpg

huffy2002.jpg

huffy2003.jpg

huffy2004.jpg

huffy2009.jpg

huffy2011.jpg

huffy2012.jpg

huffy2013.jpg

More to come soon

Re: Huffy Broadmoor Millitary time machine

The build has been going real smooth. The bike does what I ask it to do. It's almost like the bike is thankful for being paid attention to. I have a lot of other bikes that could have been in this build off, but I thought the huffy should have it's time in the sun + I've been comparing the welds to my wife’s fisher tasajara and it is hard to tell the difference between the $1000 dollar bike and the free junk pile bike :?:

Re: Huffy Broadmoor Millitary time machine

Here are some pics. of what the overall look is going to be. I am going to add a few more bells ,whistles and tweaks as the build off moves along. Just want to let everyone know that THIS BIKE WAS NOT BUILT BEFORE THE BUILD OFF BEGAN. I have a tendency to drop every thing that I'm doing and work for 10-12 hours straight when I'm inspired, ( see my post link below: Operation Sting-Rat has begun for proof).I accomplished all of the building yesterday. I have really been looking forward to this build off and don't want to be disqualified. Krylon dries in 10-15 min.

huffymil3.jpg

huffymil1.jpg

huffymil5.jpg

huffymil4.jpg

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=14800

Another notoriously detailed and speedy build by the phantom. You my friend have the ssickness. I wish I had your time to devote to such projects.

If others could see your parts cache, they would understand your ability to slam a bike together in a matter of hours. I'm still in shock :shock: And I saw just a sliver of the metomorphuses.

sworks said:
Another notoriously detailed and speedy build by the phantom. You my friend have the ssickness. I wish I had your time to devote to such projects.

If others could see your parts cache, they would understand your ability to slam a bike together in a matter of hours. I'm still in shock :shock: And I saw just a sliver of the metomorphuses.

Thanks for giving me the toung............... idea for the front fender, I think it will look pretty sick. I removed the whitewalls and put some black agressive MTB tires on it,I will post more pics once it has been tweaked a little more.

Later BP

Hello fellow builders. I have been messing around with my Photoshop type software and have come up with a design idea for the front of the bike.

Let me know what you think.

huffymiltoung.jpg

Just wanted to wish everyone a happy Memorial Day and give thanks to all of our military who keep us safe and free. I would also like to dedicate this build to my Grandfather George M. Lundstrom, who stormed the Anzio beach head on Jan 22-24 in 1944 as a Captain for the U.S. Army with the 12th armored div. My Grand Father was an awesome engineer and had a mind like a steel trap. He also was awarded the Purple Heart, for taking one in the back while rescuing a fellow solider. He lived with lead fragments in his spine for the rest of his life, and passed on about 7 years ago. I am not done building yet,I have some more tricks up my sleeve. Stay tuned.

adh.jpg

12ar_div.jpg

huffymil3.jpg

Back