Huffy Buckaroo

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A guy I know showed up at our garage sale this weekend. We started talking about what bikes we had found lately. Long story short, he had picked up a Huffy Buckaroo (the first bike I had as a kid) at a local flea market. It became mine in short order.

IMG_4735.jpg

Me in '78 or '79.

buckaroo.jpg

Dude! So sweet. This was also my first big-kid bike, I'd love to score one. I remember once I went off a jump and landed on the front tire and kept rolling on that front wheel! I was so scared I was going to face plant it. It was down hill and the terrifying one tire ride seemed to go on forever in my childs eye view, but was probably only a few feet. Finally the rear went back down and everything returned to normal. The kids went crazy cheering for me! I nearly had to change my pants!

:shock: WOW that thing is in amazing shape! Or was it restored? I wish i could find my first set of wheels... a sesame street Big Bird Trike... yellow with big birds head on the front with blue plastic wheels. I rode that thing till the plastic tires literly wore holes in them :D Yep... thats when it all started...

flatblack50 said:
:shock: WOW that thing is in amazing shape! Or was it restored?

It's in pretty good shape. It was a rider, but not ridden crazy I guess. I tore it down and used Liquid Glass on the paint and a polish for plastic on the fenders. Still need to give the chrome a shine, but it's good for now.

flatblack50 said:
I wish i could find my first set of wheels... a sesame street Big Bird Trike... yellow with big birds head on the front with blue plastic wheels. I rode that thing till the plastic tires literly wore holes in them :D Yep... thats when it all started...

I had a a Big Wheel before this. I remember the front wheel on it wore through eventually. So it had one flat side. Made for a nice ride!

Fisch said:
Any chance you can take a pic of the top of the seat? Is there a cowboy on a horse on it?

Yes, it does. I will get a shot of the seat when I get a chance.

Back