Huffy-built Western Flyer middleweight men's bike: ID & Valuation help needed.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this Huffy-built Western Flyer this past Saturday from a friend of mine, and I'd like to know more about it. I'd like to know what year it was built, whether or not it was really built by Huffy or by someone else, and what this bike is worth. If you guys could help me out, I'd really appreciate it.

From what I can tell, all the parts aside from the tires and maybe the handlebar-mounted siren are original to the bike, and most everything appears to be there. The tubes still hold air, though the tires are struggling just to hold the tubes. The bike's in good enough shape to actually move under pedal power, though it'll surely need a new chain and some fresh grease. I'm not sure what it'd take to restore the headlight and siren to working condition, but I'm sure someone more experienced than me could get both working again. Otherwise, they at least look nice on the bike. There are a few dents and dings on the fenders, and the paint's not as red as it once was, but overall, this bike's in decent shape.

BftD_2_western_flyers_31.jpg
BftD_2_western_flyers_32.jpg
BftD_2_western_flyers_23.jpg
BftD_2_western_flyers_24.jpg
BftD_2_western_flyers_33.jpg

BftD_2_western_flyers_34.jpg

BftD_2_western_flyers_26.jpg

BftD_2_western_flyers_35.jpg

BftD_2_western_flyers_42.jpg

BftD_2_western_flyers_28.jpg

BftD_2_western_flyers_29.jpg
BftD_2_western_flyers_36.jpg
BftD_2_western_flyers_25.jpg
BftD_2_western_flyers_38.jpg
BftD_2_western_flyers_27.jpg
BftD_2_western_flyers_30.jpg
BftD_2_western_flyers_41.jpg
BftD_2_western_flyers_40.jpg

Got this Huffy-built Western Flyer this past Saturday from a friend of mine, and I'd like to know more about it. I'd like to know what year it was built, whether or not it was really built by Huffy or by someone else, and what this bike is worth. If you guys could help me out, I'd really appreciate it.

From what I can tell, all the parts aside from the tires and maybe the handlebar-mounted siren are original to the bike, and most everything appears to be there. The tubes still hold air, though the tires are struggling just to hold the tubes. The bike's in good enough shape to actually move under pedal power, though it'll surely need a new chain and some fresh grease. I'm not sure what it'd take to restore the headlight and siren to working condition, but I'm sure someone more experienced than me could get both working again. Otherwise, they at least look nice on the bike. There are a few dents and dings on the fenders, and the paint's not as red as it once was, but overall, this bike's in decent shape.

BftD_2_western_flyers_31.jpg
BftD_2_western_flyers_32.jpg
BftD_2_western_flyers_23.jpg
BftD_2_western_flyers_24.jpg
BftD_2_western_flyers_33.jpg

BftD_2_western_flyers_34.jpg

BftD_2_western_flyers_26.jpg

BftD_2_western_flyers_35.jpg

BftD_2_western_flyers_42.jpg

BftD_2_western_flyers_28.jpg

BftD_2_western_flyers_29.jpg
BftD_2_western_flyers_36.jpg