Huffy Concours

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to remember to take pictures before I start tearing one apart . LOL Anyways when I was finished what I'd done today , I did take a few of a Huffy Concours . I picked this one up at a storage facility sale last fall and it's been up in the attic of my garage until today . I've removed the road bars , rear brake for now ,cables , and freewheel . I put on new rubber , but if I can find a donor MTB with some nice 26" alloy wheels , I'll probably change those out . The top tube and down tube are a little rusty , I started sanding with some steel wool , just to see how deep it is and it's not too bad . I plan on keeping the red striping on the seat tube and steering tube . I'll probably Rustoleum spray the chain stays along with the top tube and down tube. I'm not sure how this one will wind up, I've got a couple of ideas . I'll finish the tear down , clean , and lube maybe tomorrow .This was one fancy Huffy at one time !! FatTires
bikes003-1.jpg
bikes001-1.jpg
bikes002-1.jpg
Rotationofbikes004.jpg

Did some work today . Did away with the 27" skinny tires and went with some 26x1.5's I had on another bike . This frame is much lighter and I like light weight , I had to use the freewheel that was on it and make it a 5 speed , I couldn't get the freewheel off or I would have made it a single speed . Changed the bars again , changed the seat , added a front brake , painted the top and down tube and cleaned up the rest . Also took the front fork off and cleaned and lubed . It's starting to take shape . FatTires
bikes001-2.jpg
bikes003-2.jpg

Back