Huffy cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Picked this up late yesterday in the dark. I got a good look at it today in the light. It's a Huffy but it appears to be pieced together. Blue sparkle grips,white Kendas and all the chrome was rattle canned silver. The seat looks like a Schwinn. The wheels have some rust so I assume they're steel. The cool thing is it has a red striped Bendix rear hub.
This bike will be parted out to get my Rollfast twin bar on the road.
100_0781.jpg

Good thing you were not out a date..haha...Looks like the paint will clean up ok..

Yea, she is a keeper Spokes! Nice one! Mixed matched or not. I have picked up bikes at dark before and it is actually exciting to see them in the light.

Anybody have any idea how old it is? It has the BMA sticker on the seat post so it's post 1971 I'm told.

Spokeshave said:
Anybody have any idea how old it is? It has the BMA sticker on the seat post so it's post 1971 I'm told.

Probably not much newer than that.

and why would you rattle can silver paint over chrome that appears to be in terrific shape? I gotta spend some time making this thing right.

Back