Huffy Eldorado ( The Red Baron ) board track style

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Whats up guys?! My name is Dan Jose and Im from brooklyn new york. This is one of my many projects bikes ( one of nine ), but the easiest because there wasnt anything too drastic to do to it. I got this 26 Huffy Eldorado off some guy near my job for $120.00, he wanted $150.00 . When i saw it it was love at first sight, and by accident because my boss had sent me out to get her lunch. This thing is near mint for its age and the guy said it was sitting for a while, if i didnt take it when i did she wouldve ended up on ebay, and i really mean that because someone wanted to buy it to do that. I stripped all the bells and whistles off because i always wanted to do a board track style. Im most likely changing the wheels for new ones and not sure if i wanna do 26 in the back and 24 in the front. i wanna get slicks, peddles, and a new springer seat for now, and other little stuff later. Im gonna sell the parts i dont want on ebay to get some more money to pay for my ideas.thanks for looking, I'll kepping posting.
Photo5.jpg
[/img]
IMG_8741.jpg
IMG_8743.jpg
IMG_8743.jpg
IMG_8744.jpg
IMG_8746.jpg
[/img]

Dan Jose said:
What it looked liked before, I changed the handle bars to see my vision.
Photo5.jpg
[/img]
Sorry guys, photobucket wont let me show the before pic :x :x :x :x :x :x

aka_locojoe said:
Photo5.jpg

Welcome. Nice bike even as it was.

You had too many tags in your other posts.
Thanks! This is my first time with posting pics, so sorry.

thatismytruck said:
what's your username on ebay so I can buy some of the parts?
Charmota, But i should put it up during this coming week. I'll keep you posted

Just came in from watching sex drive, its a good laugh. Anyway i went to the local bike store to pick up a beach cruiser handle bar to chop for the Baron, and got this giant bull horn one or 20 bucks. came home and taped where i wanted to cut, using a pic one of guys posted a little while back as refrence ( sorry i dont rememger who, but thank you :mrgreen: ). Im also using another pic as refrence, its a cool bike from zero engineering, shinya kimura, i love his work on motorcycles. I cut it in my bathroom ( i live in a apartment, this is brooklyn ) and left a heck of alot of dust in the tub, couldnt clean up the edges of the cut then because the wife got a serious headache and my noice wasnt rocking for her at the moment. I added before and after pics, a pic of the zero bike and the red board track racer that started this all, i also added a pic of a black spades valve cap im putting on the wheels. I'm a member of brooklyn's Big Ballers Bike Club and we've got a auto club party to go to this weekend, so i need the bike to be rolling for that.
IMG_8899.jpg
IMG_8903.jpg
IMG_8911.jpg
indian.jpg
needle.gif
[/img]

I forgot to mention that I didnt like the first handle bars i put on because form the front of the bike it didnt look that cool to me, i guess that was artist side of me doing this, so i changed it to closely fit what i wanted this build to be. Its weird that on my pc at work i can only see half of the picture but on my mac i see everything? Am i crazy? :shock:

I rode the bike to work this morning with the new handle bars and almost got myself killed by traffic because the bars didnt fit snug enough. Had to add on some spacers so it could work and it fits fine now. Here's a pic i took in the hallway of the bike so far without the handle bar, i put the bar on after that and im being lazy to take some deacent pics right now so I'll do that when i get another chance. The bike is all cleaned and overhauled and gets alot of looks, but shes still missing a few things to make her into what i wanted.The 24in front wheel is from a fifties raleigh, the 26in back one came of a really cool rat rod cruiser i bought a while back that belonged to and old man before he died, sadly my so called "friend" crashed that bike when he borrowed it and never gave back the fenders. Taught me a lessson. i wanna shape a small piece of metal to attach one of those old raleigh reflectors to the back but getting the time for this is rare right now with my busy schedule.
IMG_8928.jpg

Duuude. Sweet bike.. You need an old raleigh what? I'm in North N.J. right by the GDub, so we need to get up and politic. (thats New York lingo for you westerners, lol)

FaceOFFbikes said:
Duuude. Sweet bike.. You need an old raleigh what? I'm in North N.J. right by the GDub, so we need to get up and politic. (thats New York lingo for you westerners, lol)
Sure! When our schedules permit lets ride. :mrgreen:

I took the bow tie pedals and round reflector off of my pea picker and put it on the Baron because the the pea picker's just been sitting around for a while cause it's got no seat. The Baron is almost done now so I'll takes some deacent pics tomorrow, but some time soon I'm gonna have a model "model" with it to give it a magazine feel.

Here's some pics of the Baron, I want to get a spedometer for it and a vintage front light, but for now she'll be like this. I'll post more pics when i get those things.
IMG_8938.jpg
IMG_8941.jpg
IMG_8945.jpg
IMG_8947.jpg
IMG_8953.jpg
IMG_8956.jpg
IMG_8952.jpg

Galtbacken said:
Hey Dan, that's a great looking bike!
Thanks! Im glad you like it. Its got a little board track, drag car, shinya kimura, and Dan Jose inside it. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

oh that thing came out great. it's screamin for a lay-back seat post. great photos, very vibrant.

Back