Huffy (Eldorado ?)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this at a yard sale yesterday, $10 and drove it home one mile. Looking for suggestions on restoring. I am not looking to make it completely stock. I would like to make it a three speed, change tires, wheels and saddle.

Numbers found on the frame are: 4H87955

Bicycle Project by Gene Martel's, on Flickr

Bicycle Project by Gene Martel's, on Flickr

Thanks for your reply. I am very new to this.. so what is a muscle bike?

Do you know a vendor where I could get replacement parts from?

Muscle bike-Banana ,sissy bar and ape hangers like a Schwinn Stingray,Sears Spyder,Murray Eliminator etc... From the mid 60s to the early '80s.

That's a nice 10 dollar score by the way. :D

Thanks for the replies. Am I correct on the model? Year?

does anybody have a headlight for cheap?

AHHHHH I need that headlight!!!!
this is what I used.
LOL
skullrider074.jpg

bug512, Here's what I did to mine, it's a 1961 Huffy Eldorado but very similar & same frame/color, my headlight was a Delta on the front fender, now removed. New tires/wheels, 3 speed Nexus, seat, etc.

1961HuffyEldoradoCruiser2.jpg

If you are interested in my build, all the details of why I did to it are at:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41521
in the Bike Gallery

Thats is a 1964 model. It does look like an Eldorado. I can tell somebody took the chrome bracket off the rack, chaingaur dis missing (easy to find), and there should be a fender ornament on this.

Nice score for $10!

That looks just like he Monark Thunderbird that I say a couple of weeks ago. The seller still thinks a college kid will give him $300 for it as a piece of art.

Photo_032CF365-3CA8-F923-F8BF-C1D7BA6B4329.jpg

Thanks for the replies.. I have not checked in for a while and just getting back to cleaning her up over the winter months.

If any of you have repainted, what color red did you use?

Gary you bike looks fine..

Thanks again.. Gene

Thanks Jay. It looks like the Camaro (your link) has only one top tube, mine has two. It is different where the tank is..

Thanks for posting.

I just bought one of these at a flea market for a little bit more $ than you found yours. Its practically identical except im also missing the headlight and those plastic end caps for the 2 top tubes. Its my first build of anything bigger than a 20in. I'll post some pics later this evening.

I'm new to the forums too, so maybe you veterans can give me a few thoughts

gingervitis said:
I just bought one of these at a flea market for a little bit more $ than you found yours. Its practically identical except im also missing the headlight and those plastic end caps for the 2 top tubes. Its my first build of anything bigger than a 20in. I'll post some pics later this evening.

I'm new to the forums too, so maybe you veterans can give me a few thoughts

You can buy aluminum caps to replace the plastic ones on ebay. Look under Huffy Rail slingshot muscle bike frame caps end caps. There is no pic this week but the auction is there. $20 dollars a set

My name is Jackson too, how bout that? Thanks for the heads up, i'm trying to spend as little money as possible though as I always do, trying to come up with some kind of clever, recycled kind of cap.

lol.. i have a 61 Eldorado, and a 65 El Camino, but both in girls models

still looking for a guys bike to have matching cruisers for my wife and I

Back