Huffy Good Vibrations

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had driven by this bike countless times and always meant to stop, but never did. I had been looking for a women's cruiser for my wife, and I liked the looks of this one. It leaned against a shed under a huge pine tree for months (that I noticed), then, last week (July 2nd to be exact) we had a terrible storm hit, trees were down everywhere! The gigantic pine laid down right on that shed, but the bike was fine! I took it as a sign. Got a hold of the owner and bought it. She had been using it as a garden bike! I tore right into it when I got it home, so, no before pic (sorry).
IMG-20120710-00519.jpg

It had yellow house paint all over the fenders, thanks to a little Easy-Off oven cleaner, that was easy to remove. Added the red stripes and cleared over the now-dull fenders. Then ordered the red tires. The front "basket" is one of the planters that was on the bike, there were two others zip-tied to the rear fender, but I like the looks of this one up front, so I made some better mounts (I do plan on getting it a bit more level and painting it white), and I might add a rear rack.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
pretty slick recovery. I think the front basket looks good blue.
I like it, but it's not the same blue, and it bugs me. It's not enough to bother mixing up the right color to spray it. So, I think i'm going to paint the rear rack and the basket white

Latest posts

Back