Huffy Rangler Build. Please comment..please?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this bike the other day and had to convince a freind/co-worker to let me have this one instead of another one that he got. His I believe said somethin like lil' Gypsy on the side, and was a fe-male bike( although it did look very similair). On the ride home after staying at work for over 2 hours afterwords, switching tires,tubes, seat, and airing it up, me and my co-worker drove em home. On the way home the bike got indigestion and started pooping out ball bearings from the krank. I then walked the rest of the 1 1/2 mile home and assessed the real problem. The bearings inside had snapped into about three peices per bearing. As it sits now, it is all black with red hand grips that i painted. I cant really see buying new ones if I am going to put a engine kit on it and get a throttle assembly any way. It has fornt and back fenders painted to match the bike. Once i get the main way I want it to look I will strip it down to nothing again and sandblast it and repaint it flat black again.

*** I just ordered two red large baby bee lights for the back for night riding, i am planning on taking a can and painting it to match the bike while storing a battery pack inside to power the lights with a simple little switch. grand total on the bike now is

~16 for head light.
~ 3 dollars in cheap dollars store paint.
~ 3 dollars in sand paper.
~ 15.49 for two baby bee lights.
= 37.49 total......(so far)

The picture below was a quick picture my freind took in front of a national city bank in downtown Grand Rapids, MI. The unattractive male on the bike happens to be myself.
p_00276.jpg

I will post more pictures of the frame tomarrow or later tonight if I get around to it.

Re: I have no clue?? Please help.

Pedal on left side of bike has left-handed threads. Good luck w/the grease. Fastback has single curved top tube, also gears, skinny tires, and hand brakes unless somebody scarfed them.

I guess maybe a little sooner than I thought....
The very last picture is a picture of a sweeet original era banana seat I scored. All black, no rips, no tears...not to mention it also has a reflector!!! Notice the sprocket, lookin nice.... 8)
p_00278.jpg
p_00279.jpg
p_00280.jpg

p_00281.jpg
p_00282.jpg

not a schwinn for sure..........looks like it may be a huffy(cant give any other help im not really a muscle bike guy)
have fun :mrgreen:

deorman said:
You are right about it not being a stingray. Looks like a Huffy, or maybe a Columbia w/Huffy parts on it.
I don't know i could be wrong but it appears to be all original, beside the seat I put on it and the front tire. I will do some research and see if I can identify it though.

It is a single speed Huffy Rangler. It didnt take long to figure it out. I went to google and type in 70's huffy and "BAM" there it was. Funny enough already, the picture was of a member of this sites bike (ponytailmike). So the search is over. I plan on doing a lot of stuff to this bike so stay posted.

P.s.
Thanks for the tip that it could be a huffy!!

I got some time so thought I would pot some pictures as it sits now. The paint job isnt the best but it is a 5 foot looker, aka looks good from 5 feet. I plan to san blast it later and possibly spring to get it powder coated so it lasts longer. But for now...it is perfect. Oh YEAH!! I also got the dang pedal off as you can see in the pictures.
p_00283.jpg
p_00284.jpg
p_00285.jpg

As is right now it is a gloss black that needs some clear. I have looked at it and looked at it again. I am not sure if I still want to go with red rims anymore, I am putting some 20'' whites on it though that for sure; but not sure about the rims. Give me your opinion. Lots more to come soon, new tires and grips (if the paint ever dries!!).

pvwacko said:
Grease out of the carpet?? At the oil field shop I used to work in the janitor used starting fluid. Just spray on and wipe up. I've had pretty good luck with it myself.
Thanks, I might have to to try that.

I am planning on posting some more later today. I am also going to try to paint the rims red with rattle can. Should be getting my motor for thr bike sometime towards the end of the month.

Back