Huffy something or other

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Augh. I did it again. I know you all have done it. Bought a bike with the sole intention of using it for parts and then got it home and had second thoughts about cutting it up. This was my FB Marketplace find for today.

I mean, look at this. It's butt ugly.
IMG_9266.JPG

IMG_9268.JPG
IMG_9269.JPG

But it looks barely used and it has a 3-speed coaster.
IMG_9273.JPG

IMG_9272.JPG

IMG_9281.JPG

I figured it'd make a perfect drivetrain donor for a bike with a cool-looking frame like my Murray Strato Flite.
20220722_193422.jpg

But then I made the mistake of putting air in the tires and adjusting the seat and test riding it to make sure the rear hub was 100%... and now I kinda like it. It looks like someone upgraded the tires and they still have the little nubbies on them.
IMG_9278.JPG

What the heck is this thing, anyway? I'm pretty sure someone made the chain guard decal on a Cricut. The seller didn't think so, though he did know that a former owner was named Walke.
IMG_9280.JPG

Did Huffy ever make a Heavy-Duti or Worksman type bike? This kinda looks like that, though I can't find any record that one existed (and the components certainly aren't as heavy-duty as those bikes).

Fun fact: the shifter cable is a single-strand push-and-pull affair (is that called a Bowden cable?) and it was wrapped around the head tube when I went to pick the bike up. Picture below is from the FB Marketplace ad. I cringed when I saw it. Still seems to work fine now that it's untwisted.
IMG_9284.PNG

If you've ever seen a Huffy like this or know anything about it, please fill me in.

Back