Huffy Tandem...FINISHED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Found this in Albuquerque at a thrift shop. Should be a fun project and maybe fun for the wife and I to ride. Price was right..WHY NOT

IMG_6759.jpg

IMG_6758.jpg

Re: Huffy Tandem

I have a Monarch Daisy/Daisy for sale, whole bike for $145 KC local pick-up.

naturephotoboy3 said:
ok hopefully this weekend i start the project on this thing. Anyone have a chain guard for it???

Chainguards are the hardest part to find for these tandems. If you find one, it most likely won't be cheap & the shipping is high also, because of the length of the package. I found one off of a schwinn from a member on this site, but will have to modify it to work. You might try posting in the wanted section. You never know what may come up! I have also heard of someone making a chainguard for one out of regular guards. You will probably need 3 to make one. That is, if you are handy with a saw & a welder. You could just always wear shorts when riding it, so your pant legs don't get tangled up in it, and ride it without a guard! :lol:

Or if nothing else, Just use a regular chain guard and stretch it or dual chain guards would look cool too.

pick said:
naturephotoboy3 said:
ok hopefully this weekend i start the project on this thing. Anyone have a chain guard for it???

Chainguards are the hardest part to find for these tandems. If you find one, it most likely won't be cheap & the shipping is high also, because of the length of the package. I found one off of a schwinn from a member on this site, but will have to modify it to work. You might try posting in the wanted section. You never know what may come up! I have also heard of someone making a chainguard for one out of regular guards. You will probably need 3 to make one. That is, if you are handy with a saw & a welder. You could just always wear shorts when riding it, so your pant legs don't get tangled up in it, and ride it without a guard! :lol:

I always wear shorts anyway...i live in Arizona and own 1 pair of pants. Only wear those when i have too

naturephotoboy3 said:
pick said:
naturephotoboy3 said:

I always wear shorts anyway...i live in Arizona and own 1 pair of pants. Only wear those when i have too

Sorry, but I'm jealous! :lol: :lol: Just now startin to get cold here! :(

I think about any 26" springer would fit, steer tube looks about standard length. I would try to get a good quality one and not a cheap-ity china one though as it will have to deal with the weight.

Latest posts

Back