• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WANTED Huffy the wheel bike 68 model trying to find a front rim and tire. Where can I find these?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a blue 68 Huffy the wheel bike that has slowly been restore. Trying to find a replacement for the front rim and tire can anybody help out with this?

Attachments

• IMG_0119.jpeg
    IMG_0119.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Sorry life is crazy right now. I apologize it is a 20 spoke I can not tell it looks like a slightly different profile. The little ryst spots around the spokes cleans right up.

Attachments

• IMG_3113.jpg
    IMG_3113.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3114.jpg
    IMG_3114.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3115.jpg
    IMG_3115.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
i have many. huffy used a few different rims on hundreds ofdifferent models. Also need check front axle size ( probably 5/16") and spacing which can be redone to match the fork.
IMG_1609.jpeg
IMG_1608.jpeg
IMG_1607.jpeg
IMG_1606.jpeg

You're looking for a middleweight 26" front rim correct?
Most single drop chrome lare 50s to late 60s rims were MO (Murray stamped).
Not sure why there is mention of the number of spokes unless I missed something.

In any case where are you located cause I may have one. Unless it's for a muscle bike. Then I don't.

Can you post a picture of your bike needing this wheel?

Have a blue 68 Huffy the wheel bike that has slowly been restore. Trying to find a replacement for the front rim and tire can anybody help out with this?
It depends. In '68, both the 20x1-3/8" and 20x1.75 were used by the Rail, which the Wheel Bike is. I've personally only seen them with the 20x1-3/8 front wheel. I have a NOS one and one in more of a used shape. I'd sell either.

Latest posts

Back