Humphrey Olympic

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Found this bike in an antique shop for 35$...it's a Humphrey Olympic, cant't figure the year since no website seems to have heard of Humphreys. It's Canadian and it's equipped mostly qith CCM parts (Hubs, handles)...i'm actually in the process of stripping the paint to start from bare metal (it has 20 coats of ...... paint on). i'm planning on dropping the size of the wheels son i can ride on fat tires (probably whitewalls... i'll add more pictures...
P1270822.jpg

P1270823.jpg

Bare frame
P1270824.jpg

Serial
P1270827.jpg

Paint build-up
P1270828.jpg

P1270831.jpg

More to come

By the looks of the bike and the CCM parts I would say CCM made it for the company. If you check the rear hub it should have CCM 37 or CCM 1937 on it. The 37 hub started in 1937 and went through 1964. The serial number on the CCM chart shows 1942. Nice find. These are great riders as 28" bikes. Smooth to ride. I would love to have those bars and the single grip. The pedals are Gibsons made by CCM. check them out they are alloy dated on the back July 30?1923. The pedals are cool but the rubber is usually in rough shape. Reproduction rubbers are availabe but at maybe $160. You will have a hard time fitting a balloon tire in the front fork. The rear is ok though. You may have to go with a different fork. Have fun with it.

oldy57 said:
Gerry
Here is a link with my CCM date chart. I would guess yours is different. Where did you get your chart.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7774

Your list is definitely legit :D But it's still a 1938 if we use yours. I was wrong about the "F" for 1942, which would really be an "H". Thanks for posting that document bro.

Eleven, I see you found the proper chain ring, great going so far.

Great...now that everything is done, i'm shopping for tires...and i found a set of Kenda Flames...3 inches wide so i'm gonna have to fit them....blow torch and everythin...wich means a new paint job and a lot of mess...hahaha...isn't that fun!!!

That happens when you're too hungry...the back end broke after i tried to fit the 26'x3 in the back...so that's where i'm at now...
P1270850.jpg

Thak god i work in a machine shop...we came back from vacation today so i picked some tube to build it back...gonna bend it tomorrow and hopefully il will have a new back end by the end of the week...it's gonna be WIIIIIIIIIIIIDE and LOOOOOONG...more pictures soon...
P1270851.jpg

gonna be even nicer...sometimes bad luck turns into weird opportunities...

too bad your not going with the 28's. ya want to sell em? nice bike, will look good when your done.

Outlaw 8)

Eleven said:
That happens when you're too hungry...the back end broke after i tried to fit the 26'x3 in the back...so that's where i'm at now...
P1270850.jpg
oooops! guess im not the only one whose snapped something trying to tweak it to my liking

The new back end will be 4 1/2 inches wide and 9 inches longer...shuld look amazing with the huuuuge tire...You Live, you learn...I will never try to spread wide something that's 70 years old...

OUTLAW said:
too bad your not going with the 28's. ya want to sell em? nice bike, will look good when your done.

Outlaw 8)

I got rid of the back 28 to fit it to a more casual standard 26...those coaster brakes are getting rare...so better fit it to the Cool size...and suffer the mess of fitting them...Fat is cool (except for ladies bottoms and guys bellys...)

Eleven said:
The new back end will be 4 1/2 inches wide and 9 inches longer...shuld look amazing with the huuuuge tire...You Live, you learn...I will never try to spread wide something that's 70 years old...
Not to put a damper on your rebuild, but I think that would qualify as major frame modification. I would just keep the stock dimensions so that no one has a fuss about it.

necessaryevil said:
Eleven said:
Not to put a damper on your rebuild, but I think that would qualify as major frame modification. I would just keep the stock dimensions so that no one has a fuss about it.[/quote

I don't mind, as long as it rides on that monster tire...won't even need a stand!!! hahaha...You want Rat, i'll give you rat....and i will have lots of fun with it!! There is no wrong changing history to make it fun!!!

I've been working hard this week...had to find dropouts for the new rear section of the bike...found them on an old GT bmx...now it's mock-up time and welding on monday...
P1270854.jpg

P1270852.jpg

P1270853.jpg

Turned out to be a buildoff finally...life is full of surprise....... 3 inches tires

Latest posts

Back