I am Jumping with Joy!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well...it happened again.
We talk about something..and then, BOOM, it comes into my world!

I went to The Recycle Depot today and what do I see sitting
there all bare and lonely.
Missing a bit of it's outfit,
all shy... :mrgreen:

I am stocked!!!!
Multipass,Ratfink,Xddorox, I could use some help with
pictures...like a link or info on what The seat and Fenders looked like.

The seat is wrong..but it rides great...
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
IMG_5903.jpg

IMG_5904.jpg

IMG_5905.jpg

IMG_5906.jpg

IMG_5907.jpg

show me the way to the jumps... :mrgreen:

peace,
Kev.

Bravo

Outstanding piece of vintage BMX! I would do a little research and post these pics on VintageBMX.com to get some more info. I have a vintage Messenger MX seat with sissy bar, but it is not the correct seat for this bike. Nice SCORE!

Bravo

Outstanding piece of vintage BMX! I would do a little research and post these pics on VintageBMX.com to get some more info. I have a vintage Messenger MX seat with sissy bar, but it is not the correct seat for this bike. Nice SCORE!

Great score. Very cool bike. guess the other BMX project will have to wait.

Clancy

Sorry Kev, I have no pics of my old MX. But the seat that went on that looks like a big pad, kinda like what you find on those old minitrail bikes. It has the proper handlebars though. Nice find. Did some riding in the alleys of Montreal tonite with my kids(finally) in search of treasure, but no such luck. Go to church and light a candle or something dude, you owe it to the big guy. :mrgreen:

Good catch!

The seat was probably very similar to what this bike has:

http://www.vintagebmx.com/museum/victoria1.htm

Unfortunately, I have only the front half of that same seat - it's a long story involving a shredded/bent seat and the construction of GPV's. But that's a tale for another day.

I've PM'ed a link to you Clothespin

-Mp

Kev,

That's an awesome find. Sorta reminds me of the Yamaha Moto-Bike. I remember when they released those circa 1974. Some pics of Yamaha Moto-Bikes are in the Museum link that Multipass sent you.

Resto

Oh man...sweet find.

That is a truly awesome find!

I remember those bad boys…man, it’s so rare you can’t even google it. :wink:

The first ‘full suspension’ BMXers. Often had a little sticker that said ‘not for off road use’. They showed better at the bike racks than on the track because of their rather porky weight (for and eight year old to petal fast) …and well, the shocks were not something you could ‘dial in’, often more likely to cause loss of control after getting air born...boinggggggggggg!

Macleod’s was a department store along the lines of SAAN or Army Navy. I didn’t know anyone badged bikes for them…but I imagine that was the origin of the Hiawatha, man that’s truly a Canadiana bike.

And yep...it needs one of those boxy 'pseudo motorcycle' seats and some waffle grips.

MBG%20Black2.jpg

(shamless promo for chaingang...not just lowriders)

Thanks Ratfink for the Chaingang Link..
I guess searching through the Chaingang site many times,
I never noticed those...having no need to buy them.

I'll be scooping those up FAST.

and thanks again for the info,
I didn't know MacLeods was a department store.

I will search their Archives if they have one,
for Catolouge Photo's and maybe see a Picture of The Bike
as it was sold...

peace,
Kev.

Cool find Kev, I had one just like it. But I kept breaking my frame. There was no pivot behind the bottom bracket and it just kept breaking for no reason, which is what I would tell my parents. lol :mrgreen:

armandgil said:
Cool find Kev, I had one just like it. But I kept breaking my frame. There was no pivot behind the bottom bracket and it just kept breaking for no reason, which is what I would tell my parents. lol :mrgreen:

This one has a Pivot at The Bottom Bracket..
with Bushings and a Bolt..I was surprised to see
how functional that pivot point is when I layed my belly/cheston the seat
and pushing down.

and thanks for that E Bay Link..

peace,
Kev.

Latest posts

Back