i believe i have an apprentice

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i havent been doing much in the area of bicycles lately, mostly just riding (alot) but i did decide it was time to rebuild/ redo one of my favorite bikes. so it began, sitting out in the garage taking it apparet piece by piece, cool breeze with a dog half asleep on my foot when all of a sudden i hear a *ba dum ba dum* sound coming up my driveway look up, theres a kid bout maybe 10 riding an occ stingray with a flat tire in the back. "are you the guy that fixes bikes?" "yeah. . .do you need me to adjust your seat *chuckling*" the kid all serious "ooh no i need to fix my tire" so about an hour later (those .... fat tires dont come ff for all my life) we had a riding and better looking occ sting ray, had enough time to polish the chrome and put some new grips on it and take off some rust. bout this time the kids dad comes up and hands me 10 bucks and says thanks cause they couldnt figure out how to get the tire off, i handed it back and said "i cant take that, he did most of the work" after a short conversation about how i cant work for free, and that he thinks this is awesome we fgot to talking about building a whole other bike since his son was outgrowing the occ bike he has now. went out back, grabbed the streched murray frame i have sitting in my stash and showed them "this is all yours if you want to build it with me" the kid :shock: his dad :roll: "let me find a spriger fork and a set of wheels first okay?" sounded perfect to me. so i guess soon there will be a build for a hands on kid who needs a new cooler bike haha.
:D
have a good day rat rodders

Back