I bet you can't ride my bike!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GTV

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Yesterday at the Phoenix Bug-O-Rama I bought this bike from a buddy of mine for dirt cheap. I spent the next couple hours betting people they couldn't ride it for one full pedal rotation. I made my money back! I still can't figure out how to ride the .... thing, but supposedly it can be done. It's completely counter intuitive, your brain simply won't allow you to do it. I've never laughed so hard for so long in my entire life!
rehutyty.jpg

3u9eneru.jpg

I think that is a Carnival / Fair bike . They had one here for a fair a few year back ride it 10 feet with out your feet touching the ground & win a prize . The guy / Carnie was able to ride it fine . So it can be done
( let me know the secret ) so I can win a prize ... :roll: :lol:

That brings back a memory...

Think it's hard with a bike? Try it with a car. Long, long story but I've driven a car around an obstacle course that was a reverse steer. It was fun but the day ended poorly when people stopped paying attention and a track worked got hit. It was one of the scariest things I've ever seen.

That thing's a riot! I'm gonna have to build me one!

My buddy said he built this one, but people have told me about the ones at the fair.
I've tried, or seen people try every possible way. Crossed hands, one hand, no hands, look forward, look at the wheel, even saw a guy get on it backwards- he fell pretty quick! There were guys that rode raced professionally, they fell. Guys that BMX'd professionally, they fell. My buddies dad is a serious bike enthusiast (owns an old bike shop), he fell, and so did his son. I want to master it and take it out to the bars, I bet I could rake in the dough betting drunk guys!

I can't believe they don't have one of these in Tour De Fat!

tanksalot said:
The Gears look like they are from a Milwaukee tool hole hog ( Its a big Drill) ...

They're actually reverse gears from an aftermarket VW transaxle (Mendeola).

There was a guy with a bike wired like this at the fair last year, with people trying to go 5 feet. He was quite good at it, which only made people think that they could do it more. I think it was pay five to try to win a hundred. I didn't try it.

Henry morgan said:
Oh but I can ride it. Ha ha. Nice bike.

That's what everyone thinks!!
Three door to door salesman came by the house yesterday when I was trying to ride it. I told them I'd buy whatever they were selling if one of them could ride the bike. I won :)

Learned how to when I was a carnie back in the early eighties. I could probably pick it up again pretty quick.

You have to push the hand on the direction you want to go slightly forward (want to go right, push right hand forward) Kinda like counter steering on a motorcycle. Takes LOTS of practice but you should have it in about 2 weeks time.

Good luck, Rg

Back