I called myself a bicycle mechanic the other day...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
me·chan·ic
/məˈkanik/
noun
noun: mechanic; plural noun: mechanics
1. a person who repairs and maintains machinery.
"a car mechanic"
synonyms:
technician, engineer, repairman, serviceman; More

Do you repair or maintain a bicycle? The only question is whether they are a good mechanic or a bad one.

I will also add that my local bike shop guy may well be certified and knows what he's doing well enough but could use a refresher coarse on customer relations and ethics. He's kinda a snob at times.

I'm a rebel bike mechanic with no insurance. 1%er

tumblr_lewvhtHSGn1qd7p7yo1_500.png

I remember seeing this sign in Amsterdam a few years back.

3224883101_045486e7cf_z.jpg

outskirtscustoms said:
Ok, so Bicycle MECHANIC = Smoopy
All the rest of us are just "bicycle grease monkeys" :mrgreen:

I think to be an official Mechanic, you have to wear a big "S" or "B" on your chest!

Only if you are a BiSickel Repairman!

deorman said:
I believe "BS" would be in sales. :p :mrgreen:
Only if he quit his day job in politics... :roll: :lol:

Keep up the good work Youthgeye, I don't care what you call yourself...At least you take the time out to help & teach the kids...That's a + in my book... :D
It's sad to think you can't help or fix things for people these days,all because they might sue...
I live in a world where this doesnt happen yet!!!...
Kids make homemade motorbikes out of junk bikes and ride around with no helmet...
Freedom.

Funkme said:
Kids make homemade motorbikes out of junk bikes and ride around with no helmet...
Freedom.

This sounds AWESOME!

Are there a lot of mopeds where you live? I might need some parts. haha

yoothgeye said:
Funkme said:
Freedom.

This sounds AWESOME!

Are there a lot of mopeds where you live? I might need some parts. haha

junkyards full of old rent a scooters,I get freebies all the time,often come across old bikes,
but hard to come by these days...Gypsies collect for metal,and the kids find the old honda chappy's etc...They turn them into monkey bikes.They buy lifan engines and fit them in...Will take pics...
Thats were i scored the headlight casing to AOD...And thr is many more. :wink:

Back