I Can't Ride 55! MUSCLE BIKE FIND! Huffy Super Stock?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Scored AGAIN this morning, a circa 1968/69 Huffy Rail! FOUND AT A GARAGE SALE! Pics to follow as soon as I find the darn serial number.

Re: I Can't Ride 55! MUSCLE BIKE FIND!

PICS PICS PICS!!! :shock:

Where are the pics!?!?

Muscle bike fan! :D

Sorry fellas! Thanks for the help, the number was just under a little more paint and I missed it. I checked and it is a 1972, the final year. Underneath the black and red repaint is what appears to be a very salvageable green/yellow paint fade. The sissy bar, handlebars, and chainring should clean up easily - somewhat. But the wheels are hopeless and the Shamino 333 transmission in the hub needs a rebuild very badly. The worst thing was the shotty job somebody did at attempting a rat rod. There is a good restoration, an original, custom/rat, and then there is the TRASH. The guy was so lazy, that he didn't even take off the tires or the cob webs and dirt on the wheels! The only thing he didn't spray paint was the seat which is a beautiful and mint original.

Being a girl's rail, I may part it out. I may use the front wheel and crank bearings and the stem anyway. But we will see, it is a 24" too so that is another thing, I've seen 20" Rails, never a 24". Here are the pics:

2746.jpg

2747.jpg

2749.jpg

2748.jpg

Could this be a Super Stock Rail?

Thanks for the ads! Oh geez. Now I question the seat. Was it a '72 only seat or is it totaly off? Either way, what is one of these all cleaned up worth?

The seat might be right. There were no pics for the 72 year in the catalog. As far as value you get the double wammy of it being a 24 inch bike and a girls bike. You will have more into it then it is worth. I would guess maybe 200 tops for it cleaned up and complete.

Being a 24", this would have been nice. But with the work involved, its a girl's bike, and the relatively low value of the bike, it is time to part it out. But I'll part it out once everything else is gone FIRST!

Well, everything in the yard has been parted out, sold, or thrown in my scrap pile. Turns out this bike might be saved entirely! It sat long enough. But it is nice getting it down to 3 or 4bikes.

Latest posts

Back