I Could Use a History Lesson on Shelby Bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a reply to my advert for bicycles in our local paper. I have been offered a Shelby mens frame/fork and fenders for twenty bucks. I will be taking a look at it on Friday and will post pics if it's interesting. Cheers.

I would not call myself an "expert", but I have collected more than a few Shelbys. from 1937 to the end of the line in 1953. I have a fair bit of knowledge about models, etc. Lert me know what you need help with and I will try to do my best. If the deal you have found is for a balooner, pick it up. They generally are built like trucks and often have unique styling that makes for great rat rods. I even use the girls frames from the 1940s 50s for lowrider rats. In my opinion, their long nose springer has the best ride of ANY built...PERIOD. It is like a modern, full suspension bike....really smooth and bouncy! Post pics WHEN you get it! :mrgreen:

Yeah, ANY Shelby frame's worth $20! Even if it's a later 50's model after AMF bought 'em out. Same as a Roadmaster then. Go git it! :) ~Adam

Back