I.D needed for Trick Or Treat Find!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was cruzin my twin top tube Rollfast while the kids were trick or treating and was offered a free bike frame. I was thinking "great, another Wal-Mart P.O.S! To my surprise I was handed this! How RAD is that!!!! Any help on an I.D would be greatly appreciated! :mrgreen: Do you guys think I should smooth out those welds?! lol

Went to the CABE and it looks to be a late 30's / early 50's Cleveland Welding Co. possible Road Master. Definitely using this for the next RRBO!!!!!

Very early postwar CWC. I'd put this as a 1945 or '46 due to the serial number and dun, dun, dun.. the original fork. Very early after the war, CWC used this forged fork with shoulders and the offset fender tab like Colson used. Here's a picture of my original 1945 Roadmaster with the same one.

They're great bikes. I'm surprised it needed rewelds since all my CWC bikes have always felt like solid tanks. Enjoy!

aCUHdP4.jpg

I think that your Cleveland Welding bike is from 1948, but I guess we'll just find out about that soon enough. I do wonder if the fork would be that late though. Hopefully someone will chime in on that. Thanks for posting the photo Jason, into my file it goes.

Thanks everyone for all the great info on my new find. I also found the re-welding to be odd. The few fillet brass braze welds that were untouched were in perfect condition. I suspect the rewelds were a good intention gone awry! Since I have only the frame and forks I would atleast like to get the correct, way cool fenders and chain guard to make this a respectable build! Anyone have any spares laying around!??? :mrgreen:

Jpromo said:
Very early postwar CWC. I'd put this as a 1945 or '46 due to the serial number and dun, dun, dun.. the original fork. Very early after the war, CWC used this forged fork with shoulders and the offset fender tab like Colson used. Here's a picture of my original 1945 Roadmaster with the same one.

They're great bikes. I'm surprised it needed rewelds since all my CWC bikes have always felt like solid tanks. Enjoy!

aCUHdP4.jpg

cool, luv that fork!

LukeTheJoker said:
Great find with lots of apparent history! I would even be tempted to leave those welds exactly as is!

Luke.
The more I looked at the welds, the more i liked them also! They would work great for a rusty and ratty build!

Back