I finally got a Black Phantom IT'S HOME

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont have it just yet, I have one last payment to make next week. Ive had it on Layaway and cant wait to get it home. It is the 1995 100th Anniversary edition Black Phantom. Yes it will need a cleaning and I dont care for the way the rear fender brace is installed outside the rack. Aside from that, it will be the highlight of my collection. I will get many more pictures after its all cleaned up and on its pedestal in my garage. 8)

001-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

Re: I finally got a Black Phantom

Beautiful.
I didn't buy into the Phantom lust but had a mild interest in adding one to my herd so I made a trade with another member over the summer for a '53 Black Phantom, and I liked it.... a lot. THEN, not 5 weeks after owning it I kind of accidentally sold it and REALLY regretted it! I spent the next two months pining for one again, then picked up a '52 last month to fill the void. :D
Plenty of guys who won't ride the Phantom bandwagon, too commonplace yada yada. The reality is the Phantom is a GREAT bike!!!

Congrats! Just resist the temptation to say yes when people make offers for it!

Tailwinds said:
Beautiful.
I didn't buy into the Phantom lust but had a mild interest in adding one to my herd so I made a trade with another member over the summer for a '53 Black Phantom, and I liked it.... a lot. THEN, not 5 weeks after owning it I kind of accidentally sold it and REALLY regretted it! I spent the next two months pining for one again, then picked up a '52 last month to fill the void. :D
Plenty of guys who won't ride the Phantom bandwagon, too commonplace yada yada. The reality is the Phantom is a GREAT bike!!!

Congrats! Just resist the temptation to say yes when people make offers for it!

Over the years, I've sold a few bikes that I have later regretted. I've waited 16 years to get a Black Phantom and just about drooled at the few I have seen during that time. This one is going to be around for a long time. So far I've sold 6 bikes to pay what I have on it, none of which were that special to me. She comes home on the 15th

Greentree on South Pearl St. Greg has lots of vintage road bikes there too.

BTW, in looking at the seat in your photo and a couple of others in-person for reference it looks like that seat leather might be getting a little dry. Don't want that thing to start getting flaky, any leather cleaner/ conditioner will do, just get it on there as soon as you get the bike!

Tailwinds said:
BTW, in looking at the seat in your photo and a couple of others in-person for reference it looks like that seat leather might be getting a little dry. Don't want that thing to start getting flaky, any leather cleaner/ conditioner will do, just get it on there as soon as you get the bike!

I was thinking the same thing, he had it in the window of the shop so it got some direct sunlight a few hours a day for a month or so. Im gonna go over it very carefully. Man, payday cant come fast enough

It's Home. It's a little dirty and needs a few adjustments but I dont have time today. It will be cleaned up shortly.

001-3.jpg

002-3.jpg

I think the Harley is a nice compliment to it.
003-1.jpg

My Harley's keep my bikes company to..Glad I have a warehouse..LOL

Latest posts

Back