I FINALLY GOT A MOTOR for my RAT ROD !

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok...so it's not REALLY a motor... :mrgreen:

Saturday I finally got my V-room Thunder Road motor. Made in good ole 1965 this little honey can put out TWO - yes TWO Double "D" batteries worth of twin v horsepower. I dismantled and painted, rewired, and re-hardwared the entile little motor, inserting a dixie cup filled with RICE to further the "Motor" sound. The two cynlinders "FIRE" up - illuminated two Christmas tree lights in the inside of the spark plugs, and the Throttle revs the sound up or down. Next up after mounting is extending the lever, and mounting a Eight Ball shifter . Once I get this on my bike, look out ! I'll post pictures onces I mount it on WED. !

l_b047b8cfbfc018be4415e54e369085bb.jpg

Direct from 1965, complete packaging INCLUDING the package. I took the sticker off, and I'm going to remake it, in vinyl ( but I'll save the original ) so when I am done it'll be modified, yet I'll still have all the stock parts - just like my bike.

I finished my PARACHUTE last week ( yes, PARACHUTE !) so my drag racing bad machine will be kick ... once it hits the next DEFYING THE LAW bike ride !

l_8bb03c2bbe2e6a43e41706294d241a56.jpg

l_0799d7087966e6d9cc9815e110e476a1.jpg
:roll: [/b]

can't wait to see pics of the complete setup!

That is so ......!!! Funny thing is my wife & I were just talking about these plastic power plants last nite. A hi-po motor even Al Gore could get down with! Was this an eBay score, or is there a dusty hole-in-the-wall bike shop in the D where there's a stack of these?
(if it's the latter...PM me por favor)

BTW, they're just called "D" batteries, not "double D's" , Dr. Freud :wink:

NO WAY!!!

NO WAY!!! are you going to put that on? I need to make a sled to take a motor! :mrgreen:

pics pleaz!!!!

MORE PICS of my TOY ENGINE mounted !

After work yesterday, me and Tia decided to go fer a lil jaunt out. We shot around Hammytown fer a rockin jaunt, and I decided to snap off a coupla shots of the new installed motor on my bike. If you note, up by the handlebars, is a new BEER COASTER. Thatrs right, suds on the ole fotog-mobile ! Also is one of the parachute. It's been deployed, so its not wrapped up right, but you can at least see it. Yes, thats a tattoo print fabric. I'll snap some on Sunday with it deployed, during time trials with Tia. I have to go graffitti a car for an album cover in the works for local rockers Cortez Brothers, so I'm sure we'll be doing some draggin !

Side.jpg

Heres the motor mounted :

Motorleft.jpg

Heres Tia from the Front[/img]
Light.jpg

FrontTia.jpg

Front.jpg

The Beer Caddy, its an Electra Part - overpriced at $20.00, but sturdy as can be, and stainless stell - so it looks sweet !

BeerHolder.jpg

Heres the back of the bike, like the parachute ?

Back.jpg

Chute.jpg

nice stuff !!!, wheres the "stick shift" or am i not readin the box right? dig the 'chute too, ive seen em in lunch boxes before too

Side of motor...first photo.

More pictures of girl...less of bike/motor. :p

P.S. what is a 'parkcycle' (side of box first photo)?

THANKS gang

Thanks for the kind words, and I'm sure my gal; Tia thanks you too for the compliments. Trust me, you dont want to see me in the pictures. She makes the bike look better !
Now, I want to put hand brakes, and a shifter on it - in the middle like the stingrays. Any ideas ? I thought about buying one of the new Schwinn Stingrays ( the chopper kind) and stealing the wheels ( the rear fat one especially) and putting the handbrake and the rear wheel on this bike. I just GOTTA get a Center shifter on thi sthing eventually...as well as a rear Working LIT tailight. I want the RAT FINK tailight you can get on the Moon Eyes sight , maybe even a Moon Eyes oil tank under the motor, and I can put booze in it !
The PARKCYCLE was a version the company made that came with TRAINING WHEELS. When the kid outgrew them, they came off, the motor was made for the companys model Park and Trike, cuz they h ad lil flanges that the motor bolted too - unlike my made up center harness, suspending motor rig .

Back