I finally got my hands on a Spaceliner!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've really been wanting to build up a Spaceliner for a while. I have had almost every detail rattling around in my head for months. Yesterday on CL I found this for an unbelievable price.

My good camera is out of power, so I had to use my phone.

fresh1.jpg

fresh2.jpg

fresh3.jpg

fresh4.jpg

I'm glad every other Spaceliner I've tried to purchase has fallen through, because this one is way more than I hoped for. The chrome is in immaculate shape. All the accessories are straight and free of any cracks, chips, or breaks. Obviously all the paint is scuffed and faded, but that is easily fixed. Finally, it has a 2spd auto that works perfectly. My only complaint is the fugly, uncomfortable seat, but I was going to scrap whatever was there anyway.

I'll get a build thread started on this somewhat soon, but until then I'm really happy with my "Womp Rat"

That bike is very unique.

Now that I've had a day to look at it, I don't think I can bring myself to do the custom work I've been planning. Everything I wanted to do before was based on getting an incomplete bike. Since this has all the stock accessories (and in such good condition) I think it would be a shame to separate them. So for now I think its just going to get a mild hot rod treatment - lose the front fender, flip the springer, balloon WWW's, and small apes.

Dude.... You'll have to bring that sucker next time you come to the shop!!

Will do.

..and this is just pushing back the Orion even further :p

Very cool, looks like it's complete too, so no extra-fun hunting for all the bells and whitstles! Plus one for you!

That one is in beautiful shape. And it has everything. Sweet. Nice find. Everytime I find a Chrome SpaceLiner around here(I live near Olympia) it's pretty rusted. You got a sweet score man. Lucky...

BrigmasterA said:
That one is in beautiful shape. And it has everything. Sweet. Nice find. Everytime I find a Chrome SpaceLiner around here(I live near Olympia) it's pretty rusted. You got a sweet score man. Lucky...
Luckily its not a local bike. The guy I bought it from just moved here from the Midwest and its the last of a bicycle collection the fiance is making him get rid of
9.gif
. He was selling it dirt-[ToS]-ing cheap also. I'm talking the price of the bike was less than I could sell just the kickback hub for. It still has the original Sears tires in immaculate shape, which is probably the only thing I'll auction off.

skoda said:
Very cool, looks like it's complete too, so no extra-fun hunting for all the bells and whitstles! Plus one for you!
Like I said, having a complete bike is almost making it harder for me
18.gif
. I've known for so long what kustomizing I would do with just the chrome frame and springer fork. Now I'm almost stumped as to how I can put my own personal spin on this and keep all those great accessories.
For example, I really wanted a banana seat with a taillight custom mounted underneath but that would mean losing the rack and/or rear fender. I also wanted to try and make a three-color headlight a la ' Ed Roth's Orbitron
orbitron%20original.jpg

Well, if you decide to lose any of the original items(i.e. tank, rack, etc.) Let me know. Either way I'm glad there's another 'Liner here. I've got 3 now, and only one is chrome... But it is my favorite frame style. It's just got class. :wink:

I took off the handlebars, grips, and front fender, but I'm keeping those in case I ever want to do a real restoration. Right now I'm thinking of repainting the rack & tank in metalflake black with either silver or blue 'flake highlights.

nice find... the only spaceliners I've seen around here has been junk for a big $ tag. Glad you got a deal on such a nice liner

Back