I Found it Again!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Picked up this 1968 Columbia Longboy 3 Speed :D I bought this a few years ago for $50...sold it for $50...and now I bought it again for $50 :lol: It's in fairly nice shape, but needs to get an overhaul. My plan for the summer is to tear it down completely and clean it up to keep original. The pictures do it justice! :lol: The crank and sprocket has been rattle bombed silver and the front wheel wobbles like crazy.

The only thing I did so far was replace the tires with an NOS set I had :)

Even though it's not build off material, it's pretty cool! 8)

011_zps9b7bc070.jpg

012_zps4e13ab36.jpg

013_zpse2a19fef.jpg

015_zps530d1676.jpg

014_zps3abaaf48.jpg

All put away until Spring/Summer :( ......Only another 2 months or so :mrgreen:
016_zpsc418dd60.jpg

Here's a pic of it when I first sold it years ago :p
01610.jpg

Bri-in-RI said:
Love those Long Boys, great re-pick Nick! If you decide to let it go AGAIN lmk and maybe we can work something out :mrgreen:

Well, this was my summer project :lol: I like these because they are larger than a regular 20" so it might be at least a summer until I re-sell unless I find something cool at the Monson swap meet :mrgreen:

If you ever find a Sears Screamer or 24" Spyder, I'd be willing to let this one go :mrgreen:

Killer find, especially for 50.00 . wow.

Love that bike, I'd trade my 24" spyder for that :)

congrats on the re-score.

I think it would be perfect build-off material I plan to do my buzz bike for the build-off this year I think peatbog is planning another nanner bike as well

Guess I did good :lol:

big kountry said:
I think it would be perfect build-off material I plan to do my buzz bike for the build-off this year I think peatbog is planning another nanner bike as well

Mine is kind of a "keep original as much as possible" build :mrgreen: No custom work will be done to this :wink:

CRASH said:
That's very cool. Can't wait to see the "done" photos. I would imagine you fit that bike very well. I'd like to get a "how it rides" report when you've got it all back together.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
That's a cool bike. Looks ideal for an adult-sized rider.

I rode it in my driveway and it is comfortable. My legs aren't bent at all times :mrgreen: It would make a great bike for an adult :wink: Hopefully I'll start working on it over April break so I have the summer to ride it :D

Rat Rod said:
Cool...a boomerang bike. :mrgreen:

Glad to hear you like it...think it will clean up as nice as your bikes? :mrgreen:

That's a killer Muscle Bike, I love the seat especially.
I need to get to your part of the country, here in Phoenix that'd be around $250.00....

Great find (again) and super price!
I think you did much better for your $50 than I did for my $20 (Shelby)
Really interesting bike, never saw one before

Thanks for the comments, I'm happy to have this bike back :D Never realized how cool it was :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back