i got the best job ever

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and am getting payed even better!!
went to my bike guy today to get some free wheels and ended up talking to him for an hour or so about bikes and the huge pile of parts and bikes he has that need to be rebuilt, and fixed and pretty much made rideable to sell. mostly bmx. so heres the better part, ill be working for maybe all of four hors in trade for bike parts. more specifically bike rims, tires, and full cruisers ("i usually sell them for ten bucks, if you want to work a little for them") ill also be listing any good parts that he needs to sell aka everything cause hes leaving the buisness. so this is good for so calers because i know what we actually want to pay for good parts. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: so you bet im happy, i get to work on very expensive vintage bmx bikes all day, i get parts for my bikes, and you get first dibs at any good parts. i just had to tell someone or everyone... anyone need a nexus seven speed? its the first part i have to sell hahah

How much for the nexus?

sadly enough this is not at a shop, this is not at a legit shop (they charge to much) but a collector/builder/repairman/ seller who is cleaning out everything. it is his business and it looks like I'm the first ever employee other than him lol. if you ever need a part, and i mean anything, just ask and there is probably two here and I'm the one who is usually pricing them if they are cruiser parts. the vintage BMX is a whole other story, there is a bike show coming up and he is preparing a 77 gt that has been rechromed and all the extras are NOS red anodized (rims, pedals, seat post, and sprocket) the parts are totaling up to a whopping $5,000. . .i didn't even want to touch it :roll:

Congrats, thats awesome, lucky score. No kind of bike following around here unless your a smuck yuppy roady. Did I mention I hate spandex. :x

Back