I guess this is Bike Related Kinda SPAM? Help!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning I come to the site. In a lot of different threads here. Members have posted stuff like Lose Weight. More Energy and other Stupid stuff. NOT Bike Related. SPAM for lack of a better word.
WHY Do people do this? What are they trying to get from us and everyone else in this crazy world.
In my regular Email. I get at least 30 things a day that go directly into my spam. Once in a while something comes thru and I DO NOT Open them.
Again. Does anyone know why this is done? Are they trying to get our Email address. Trying to get into our computers? This seems like its a crazy thing that happens to all of us every day.
I am putting this here. Because it happened on this Bike Website too and want to get the attention and response of anyone who REALLY knows what is going on with this process.
Thanks to all.

If you hover over the post after opening it and confirming it is spam, you will see three buttons light up "!Report" "Like" and "Reply" just click the report one and leave a message, one of the moderators will sort it out.

They are actively blocking ip addresses that these are coming from, but it appears they are using some kind of scrambler to keep it changing.

Best we can do till they work out how to fix the problem is just keep reporting the spam posts.

Luke.

I'm in the process of working on a solution for this spam problem.

There are plugins out there that can be added to the forum to help stop them.

In the mean time, don't comment in the spam posts, just flag them.

Thanks for the Update. I never open them.
This and all the other Spam stuff in the world here Upsets me. I am confused as to what they are trying to get. I know it is an "up to no good thing" But still wonder how all of what they do can be worth any money for the people that are doing this stuff.
Thanks Again R.R.

Back