I had a dream-renamed Devils Dream

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Even though the bike flip is still in progress I decided to do a quick mock up of an idea that came to me in my sleep. Thinking of using ape hanger bars. Then bringing the fork ends to a point and adding new wheel mounts on the back side, allowing the fork to stick past the axel. (does that make sense?)
I have always wanted to wrap the rear fender so will probably do that.
Not sure about a seat. Did not see one in my dream.
That rear wheel is to big so will go with a 24 inch one so maybe I can get a fatter tire on.

I cannot believe the guy who had a subscription to Chopper magazine when I was 12 years old, is saying this but after looking at the forks for a few hours decided they were to long. There was a flat spot in the middle that was bugging me. So I chopped out 4 inches. They seem to have a more natural curve to them now. As if they are just over sized regular forks.
Also found a rim and tire that are the correct size for the frame. Like the white walls so might go with the traditional satin black red wheel combo.

May be regretting removing the 4 inches. By the time I got the drop outs were I wanted thinking I may have lost the stance???
But here is the fork roughed in. Need to do a little bondo work and sanding.

Re: I had a dream:renamed DEVILS DREAM

Jumping back and forth between this build and Bike Flip build.
Want this bike to be a little more big and manly looking so found a pair of heavy duty bmx cranks that fit.
Got the fender wrapped,welded up, and adjusted for a better fit.
I like the ape hangers but want the grip part to have a nice gentle curve up to a point were they meet the rise so they match the bottom of the forks.
Do you think I could get away with a piece of conduit for the short length they will need to be?
Also has any one ever taken a bannana seat and extended it so it was longer then normal? Thinking that is what is needed for this bike.

Here are the new handlebars roughed in. Need to sand the welds some more but you get the idea.
Not my original idea but found I just did not have the tools to do exactly what I wanted. But I think they work.

NEED OPINIONS:.
Original thought was the stingray seat but found this big bulky cruiser seat in my junk pile and thought it sort of looked like a motorcycle seat. Seems to keep the rear fender nice and clean looking since I am going to do some decorative painting to it.
Any thoughts are welcome.

It has been almost a year to this date since I last worked on and posted anything about this build.
I think it has been all the eposodes of Sons of Anarchy I have been watching on Netflix that has got me inspired again. So here is the latest.
Adding a top bar and tank to give me space for some graphics like I did on Social Deviation. I am going to put some foam on the sides to shape and then cover in fiberglass.
Also rought in some decorative fender braces using some lamp finials to top it off.
Over all view:

Tank close up:

Brace:

Shaped the tank and started glassing. Want a rough Frankenstein look to it so used a heavy weave cloth and even frayed the edges when placing it on in pieces. Will see if it works??

Back