I have no idea where this is going. PPV with PICS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I just got off the phone with the guy, and confirmed that I'm gonna come by in the morning to pick it up.

What do you think? Has anyone seen them before or remember them? I figured for $100, what the heck!

http://flint.craigslist.org/bik/4227756066.html

Thats for the mid 1970s I believe . Ive wanted one for a while ,They are pretty rare . .Mostly because the plastic shell gets weak from age.
I havent seen one with that color though .The few Ive seen have been yellow & plastic shelled.
Im hoping your is a fiberglass one..Nice find for the $$..

The seller claims he has two more in NOS condition, And most of them are still in boxes. :eek:

"these usually sell for $900 he says.....why so cheap on yours? Is it missing some major part?

If he is willing to sell the NOS condition ones for a similar price I would think it could be a profitable buy.

Add an electric kit to it ad you have an alternate energy car...

I remember these when they were demonstrating them at the local mall here in the early 70's. The 3 speed transmission made a loud bang every time it shifted, but that may have been because of the plastic shell amplifying the sound.

Maybe a flame paint job and whitewalls?

The one I got is NOS. He only wanted to sell one this time, so him and his wife each have their own, plus he has two kids.

This one has never been assembled, and I took everything out of boxes when I got to the garage. This is one cool ride. I nearly have it all together, except for the windshield and trim piece, its done. I'll get to that in the morning, since I got to go into work. Sorry, no pictures yet, but it is blue, white, and chrome. :cool2:

Its rideable too, but mother nature is dropping 4 to 6 inches of white stuff on us as we speak, so no riding yet.

Its not all he had though. He had a few different trikes and other cool old stuff in his garage too. A lot of old bmx frames and he had a few of these ppv carcasses laying in his yard.

I remember camping with grandma and grandpa probably late '70s early '80s and someone there had one in yellow. You jogged a memory loose there.

Can't wait for pics.

Back