I just bought/downloaded...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Post your most recent music acquisitions here. Maybe we can help each other discover some new artist we would not have found on our own.

I'll go first.

(CD's)

Guano Apes - Proud Like a God
Tantric - Tantric

just got from i tunes

Apocalyptica--Worlds Collide

BLIND MELON--BLIND MELON

Buckcherry--Black Butterfly and 15

everlast--Love, War and the Ghost of Whitey Ford

hank williams the 3rd---.... Right - Rebel Proud

Faster Pussycat--Wake Me When It's Over

Jason Aldean--Jason Aldean

Finger Eleven--Them vs. You vs. Me

Marilyn Manson--Eat Me, Drink Me

Nickelback--Dark Horse

Theory of a Deadman--Scars & Souvenirs

theirs more but dont have time to list all i ask for x-mas was i tunes cards and got 160 in cards

Wow, you've been busy.

I did not know until this week that Apocalyptica started out as a 4 piece cello Metallica cover band. (lots of vids on Youtube) Most of their songs have been 4 cello players and a drummer. They have guest vocalists from popular bands on the new album.

250px-Music_album_record_a_charlie_brown_christmas.jpg

Pavement - Brighten the Corners 2 disc reissue
Will Oldham - Arise Therefore (used)
Mark Kozelek - The Finally LP
Russian Circles - Enter

Virgin Records by my house is going out of buisness everything 50-60% off.I went for the blues section and came out with these two.
1. Elvin Bishop Live 1977 This is what I classify as boogey blues. Great tune on here called Juke Joint Jump.Great CD

512275_170x170.jpg

2. John Mayall Live 1969 I was a bit dissappointed with this one. 12.00 for the two cds
johnmayall1969.jpg

I recently found a DVD of Volunteer Jam for $5. It was filmed at the Volunteer Jam 2 in 1975. It has Charlie Danials and his band and was Paul Crane's first fulltime gig playing rythm for Charlie. All of the original Marshall Tucker Band with Toy and Tommy Caldwell, and George McCorkle. It has Jimmy Hall of Wet Willie and Jerry Eubanks of Marshall Tucker doing a couple of solo parts on the sax's. It's got Dickey Betts playing the gold 1957 Les Paul and Chuck Leavell on keyboards who were both still with the Allman Brothers then. Chuck later went on to play keyboards for the Rolling Stones as well as Eric Clapton. It's got some of Dru Lombar playing too. A real group of masters playing at a Gibson fest when they were in their prime and one of the best 5 bucks I've spent in a long time. Thanks!!!

Black Diamond Heavies -Every Da** Time - Sounds like if Small Change era Tom Waits had listened to way too much punk rock. Pretty cool stuff
Supersuckers - Get It Together! - Sounds exactly like their other stuff. Awesome.
And a couple hillbilly blues comps - Bear Family Records 33 1/3 Edition: Country Boy's Dream and Juke Joint Boogie - Awesome rare tracks, and unlike most Bear Family stuff, they're pretty reasonably priced.

I said this in another music thread that got started a while back....

I think yall are just making these band names up...ha ha! :lol:

Let me give it a try....

Monkey Snott - Jagged Underwear
Putrid Lamp Shade - Drywall for Breakfast
Spot on the Wall - Who Flung Dung

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i've been all over the map as usual with my musical tastes, but lately I have acquired the Tobacco solo record (Tobacco of Black Moth Super Rainbow fame). Also that Russian Circles record that blink mentioned... They were opening for Clutch around here on sunday, but I didn't make it to the show.

Hooch,

My son (14) loves Clutch, I just got him Blast Tyrant for Christmas.

Back