I just finished modifying two frames...Updated

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: I just finished modifying two frames...

so that one is a ten speed, what do you brake with now? is it all foot power? thats the only thing i cant get over when chopping a 10speed bike is how to get around those handbrakes.

i really like the first frame, because it looks like the Speedster camelback frame. Nice work.

Yah I need to put a coaster brake on it or a disk brake on the front of the green one....I really want to put a motor it....has anyone tried the king motors?...

Nice work and welcome aboard! The pink bike was just begging to be hacked up, what a mess that thing was before you fixed it. :D

It WAS begging to be cut...I only paid $15.00 for it...
And the I just finished the tank for the brown bike...I'll have to post update photos...

DSC00129.jpg
>

DSC00131.jpg

Here are some close-ups of my homemade seat and bracket I made for it...

The second bike I flipped the back forks...the frist bike ( green ) I cut loose the bottom fork, bent the top of the forks straight and added 3 inches of tubing to the bottom ones to lower and stretch it a bit...I'm post some photos...

DSC00057.jpg

DSC0067.jpg

I welded that plate to keep it all straight...

DSC00127.jpg

Almost down with my wooden gas tank...

DSC00128.jpg

Some one gave me a foremost bike and it had an old metal license plate from my home town...expires 1967.....SCORE!

Can I hire you to do a frame for me, I lack the skills in that area. Love your work

johnpsmith...what did you have in mind? .........I have made my own chopper frames but I'm scared to put them online...

gravediggerjason.....Exeter...I lived there for a few years....Family all over that place...I'm in LA now but I visit a lot....there is a great museum in Visalia in Mooney's grove park...it has the history of the Tulare county...the most amazing old farm equipment...

thats cool never been down there myself .. lived all over the west coast ... welll minus that area ... hoping to take my wife down to visit her family some time soon tho .. maybe i 'll get to check that out too

Back