I know i've already posted too much about this but...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've decided to scrap the "Gold Krate" idea for now and go for a Normal schwinn stingray. I decided i'd go with Orange for the paint job, since that seems to be my favorite color. I want to try to replicate this:

1978_Stingray.jpg

There are a few things I am undecided on though. Wether I should use a Schwinn Mag sprocket or a Lucky 7 sprocket, should I keep the springer fork or should I buy a schwinn fork and repaint it, should I even bother buying a chainguard for it? I'd like to make it as "original-looking" as possible,which will require me finding the correct parts. Please comment with your opinions and/or suggestions.

Now if you haven't seen the other threads about this build, here's what i'll be working with:

29397_433511403371048_382052621_n.jpg

It will most likely be fenderless, just so I don't have to go looking for fenders :lol: I also have an original schwinn sissy bar to put on it, so that's no problem. So the parts needed will consist of:

[*]sprocket (mag or lucky 7) because the sprocket in the picture accidentally got bent :x
[*]rims
[*]pedals
[*]crank
[*]handlebars and stem
[*]seat post and seat

Tried that, i just ended up making it worse. :( The sprocket is loooooong gone by now. The pic up there^ was taken last summer,just before i messed up the sprocket. But at least I can get a new one for cheap :D

I started getting it down to bare metal,so i'll be getting paint and primer soon. Won't be long now! :D

I'll definitely be posting pics. Right now it's covered in oven cleaner "powder" cause i sprayed it and let it sit too long :lol: But i'll be posting pics for sure!

Back