I made something french cool...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just kidding I absolutely adore Peugeot road bikes, I have a few but this mixte was wicked rough, the rims were bent cables shot and a lot of the chrome was rusted real bad. This bike was salvaged out of the back of a scrap metal truck. Here it is in its first mock up with the chopped frame, Columbia bars, troxel saddle, occ chopper front wheel and an alloy rear coaster off a lajolla. I will need to swap out the rear tire since it just bearly rubs. Let me know what you think. I built this in about an hour or so with rob (NLCTVW)
mysize002.jpg

mysize003.jpg

Yah that thing looks way better than it did in the bike-pile in my backyard.

I expect to see you riding it around Mystic soon. When you paint it you gotta
save those killer chrome forks, they look really cool.

The frame looks much better like that than it did as a girls mixte.

I would bump the frame in the lower stays rather than go with a thinner
tire. Get a clamp or something and squeeze it just a little bit.

The insanely complicated stem is a great piece of the look.

Bike is really unique looking considering how easy it was to achieve that look.

--Rob

that crank will make into a sweet single ring setup, if you're so inclined.

Like SO:

IMG_3578.jpg

sorry that's the best picture I have of it. the bike was stolen days after this picture, which was my first time riding the finished build. basically all that is left of the big ring is three little "boomerang" pieces that connect the main 3-arm spider with the inner ring.

I built up a UO10 from about '81 and it had similar forks to start with. The whole fork is chromed, they just masked off some for paint. A little aircraft paint stripper and I got down the the chrome under the paint. My finished fork looks like this...
IMGP1378.jpg

Latest posts

Back