I NEED ADVICE ON A TRADE!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I POSTED AN ADD ON CL TO TRADE THESE PARTS. GOT ABOUT 100 REPONSES, THIS CAUGHT MY ATTN. TO TRADE FOR A HEAVY DUTY
bmx.jpg

bmx4.jpg

THIS IS THE HEAVY DUTY
heavydutyTRADE.jpg

ALL INPUT IS WELCOME :( :shock: :D :mrgreen:

I don't know what those BMX parts are or what their value is, but I'd trade them for that Schwinn without a second thought. Looks like a sweet bike.

That heavy duty is probably worth something like $150. You could probably get that much or more for the BMX parts if you wanted to take the trouble to clean them up and list them on ebay, but the trade would be a lot less work.

I would do some research on that redline. It looks like a forklifter stem and 80s forks. What does the redline stamp under the bb look like?
The motomag wheels alone should fetch over $100 shipped, cost about $25 to ship = $75 in your pocket. White mag wheels are worth around $45 to $75 shipped depending on what they are. The forklifter stem if a redline should put at least $25 to $50 in your pocket depending on if its redline and condition. Forks $50 to $100 to ship, cost between $10 and $15 to ship .If its worth it to you go ahead and trade if your happy. If not , that redline is pretty cool. I wish i wasnt broke right now. Id send you an offer. It also looks like those may be cw bars on it. Whats the sticker say? Check out the link below too.
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=49725

know what i love about trading? the lack of monitary value and the fact, both parties are happy in the end. (or ya wouldn't make the trade)
who cares what the parts are worth.
the only question is, do you want the heavy duty, more than you want the parts?

as soon as ya start thinking value, one of ya's get screwed.value changes day to day, from seller to seller. even where you decide to list the items can have a huge effect on there value.

lets say ya sell the parts for $200 and the next day ya see similar parts sold for $300. all of a sudden, you just got screwed outta $100.
ya make a trade for something ya want, and the long and short of it, will always be, ya got something ya wanted. :)

The aluminum motomags are first gen. = $300+
Tufwheels = $75+
The handle bars are CW = $100+

If I had your stuff there is no possible way I'd trade it for the HD.

Thank you guys tremendously especially R Cain & Icyuod2! It's a hard call, I didn't know what any of it's worth but once I posted it on craigslist I got well over 100 reponses. People wanted to trade everything from exotic saltwater aqauims, mini bikes, and money. Then I knew somethings up with these parts. THE RIMS!!! Everyone wanted the rims. Just this evening a gentlemen for Sacramento offering me a 1950s Panther plus a bunch pre-war parts. So we'll see where this is going. Thanks for your input!! And I'll keep you guys posted on what I get!! :mrgreen:

bits n pieces said:
I would do some research on that redline. It looks like a forklifter stem and 80s forks. What does the redline stamp under the bb look like?
The motomag wheels alone should fetch over $100 shipped, cost about $25 to ship = $75 in your pocket. White mag wheels are worth around $45 to $75 shipped depending on what they are. The forklifter stem if a redline should put at least $25 to $50 in your pocket depending on if its redline and condition. Forks $50 to $100 to ship, cost between $10 and $15 to ship .If its worth it to you go ahead and trade if your happy. If not , that redline is pretty cool. I wish i wasnt broke right now. Id send you an offer. It also looks like those may be cw bars on it. Whats the sticker say? Check out the link below too.
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=49725
Thanks bits n pieces! Thats crazy I had no idea the value. :shock: :shock:

Back