I need close up pics of your front drum-brake hub

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need some parts and direction on hooking up the brake cable to my drum brake. Can I get some close up pics of yours so I can figure out what parts I need to find.
Sacksdrumbrake.jpg

Also, besides a hose clamp, what can I use to secure the long brake arm to the front fork? It's narrower at the top so I'm guessing there's a clamp with a slot that would hold it in place. Anyone have one of those?

i'll post pics monday. i don't know what the odds are of finding 'correct' parts but you'll get a better idea of what you have to fake.... :wink:

Here is mine. I used a heavy duty cable clamp of a Raileigh 3 speed.
1222091653b.jpg

Here is a better shot of the cable end. (Uncle Stretch's picture)

hubparts001.jpg

ok, here's some shots that actually apply to YOUR brake..... :mrgreen:

here's the whole shebang...

DSC04426.jpg

shops that sell (sold) quality tandems might have one of these barrel assemblies...

DSC04427.jpg

i wouldn't think it would be hard to improve on this.... :D

DSC04428.jpg

this is the stock clamp, but a strip of stainless from ace- cut, trimmed, drilled , works just fine and looks nice. gently tapping around the brake arm with a big screwdriver blade or whatever will make it form fit well to the arm. anything is better looking than a hose clamp....

DSC04430.jpg

udallcustombikes said:
I was going to say I used to have one of those, but then I remembered that is the one I used to have. It was unmounted when I got it so I am no help.
Good eye, Cam! I guess I have it one step further along than you had it! Now I just have to hook it up!

Scrum, Gary, Clancy, Bendix, C.S., HGFreak, and others,
Thanks very much for all your pics, links, and info. This is just what I needed. Bendix, a special additional thanks for the close ups of exactly the parts I'd need! Now I just have to find them or build something similar! What an unusual looking rectangular bracket that slips into the brake lever arm. Interesting! Again, thanks much gentlemen.

Back