I need Schwinn 20" s2 info

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have a schwinn stingray bike that im trying to bring back to life and I'm looking for the s2 rims. I'd like to know if there were only 28 spoke wheels or if there were 36 spoke wheels as well before I buy anything. Any help would be awesome. Thanks!
Marco

I believe the 20" s2 was only a 28hole rim. If you dont' care about originality, any 20" wheel will work.

I am not well schooled on the Stingrays, but I do know they had an S2 in the rear and an S7 up front. There was a 36 spoke 20 inch S2 on the Scrambler model I think, but not on the Stingray.

Crassly said:
I am not well schooled on the Stingrays, but I do know they had an S2 in the rear and an S7 up front. There was a 36 spoke 20 inch S2 on the Scrambler model I think, but not on the Stingray.

Right on man that's pretty much what I know, the S2 in the rear and S7 up front but I just seen this 36 spoke S2 wheel on eBay that claimed to be that of a Krate but I didn't think That was right... Thanks guys.

fwiw, if you're not using an original 28h hub, 36h will give more hub options... :wink:

I think the first year StingRays had 36 hole S2's on the rear. Cycle Trucks also had 36 hole 20" rims on the front. Gary

Thank you guys for the great info... Now I need to find one ha! I've had 2 slip by me me but I'm sure I'll find one... If anyone's got a rear 20" s2 they'd like to part with please let me know!!

Latest posts

Back