I Paid How Much For This 1970 Schwinn Suburban...?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guy initially wanted $200 for this, but I managed to get him down to $25 BUCKS. Yep, $25 bucks. He just wanted it out of his garage he said. NO PROBLEM!! Quite possibly my best deal yet this year. It's a 1970, 5 speed, brown, cool "S" seat, w/ basket. Rides great. This is a grocery getter for sure. People already telling me, "Cool bike!" as they ride past. Good for a tall guy like me. Always wanted one, never saw one for a reasonable price though. Score of the year. Love it!! :D

DSCN3183_zps92a714c8.jpg

Nice OG bike! Not enough good originals around. They were all over the place when I was in Junior High School. Being that I am only 180 miles from Chicago, they were always popular.

Yeah thanks. I see them here and there on craigslist or the web, but people want boatloads for them. Like I said, this guy was initally asking $200, but his ad had been up for awhile. I could not believe he say yes to my offer, but that's fine w/ me! It appears to be all original, excpept for the basket. It's perfect. Keep picking!!

Are you sure it's a 1970? Looks older to me.

Nice old bike. Even nicer price! I've got a tall frame Continental that I converted to upright handlebars and a bigger seat. I'm tall and it's the only bike I own that actually fits me with the seat post all the way down. I wish I could convert it to cantilever and put fat tires and a tank on it!! Gary

Latest posts

Back