I ride a girl's bike!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I'm Brendan. I live in Brisbane.

My family has always had cheap bikes while we were kids, and they all rusted away before the tyres wore out because they were left outside, we didn't use them, and we outgrew them.

Awhile back my dad and stepmum got two good quality bikes for their own use. My sister and her friends used them, left them outside, and as before they rusted away.

A while ago she got her own bike, white, sprung front, hardtail rear, unsprung seat. She stuck it in the shed, and never took it out. So she went from one extreme to the other!

I got hold of it and started riding it a few weeks ago just to get a bit of exercise. It's fun, but I'm not used to riding a bike with so few cylinders. My legs burn like heck up hills but it's great on the flat. Sure leans in easily compared to the other bikes.

Last year I owned a Hyosung Aquila, which is a LAMS approved cruiser bike. Cheap South Korean bike, with cheaper North Korean build quality, but I liked the cruiser style setup. I own a Z750 now, but I want to experience the laid back cruiser style again.

I've been looking at some Schwinn cruisers lately. I want one with the springer forks like on the Super Deluxe, but because my house is surrounded by hills I also need a good selection of gears like the Panther. I'm looking for ideas.

I've thought about it, but I'm really looking for the cruiser style. European bikes are nice no doubt but they're not what I'm interested in... Maybe if the cruiser avenue is a dead end.

Back