BMX bikes.Lets see'em!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it was one of those swap meet deals I know the seller well enough and the price was real a good deal. just because we know each other. so ya I bought it.

before
dsc04603664a2bb3e4.jpg

after tinkering and swapping some parts. new Box lever, Odyssey slick cable, Kink bars
works and looks much better. the white 11 rise bars had to go to tall for a 24" race bike.
dsc04676665fc1d360.jpg

dsc04677665fc1d3dc.jpg
it was one of those deals I know the seller well enough and the price was real a good deal. just because we know each other. so ya I bought it.

dsc04676665fc1d360.jpg

dsc04677665fc1d3dc.jpg

another swap meet buy project I built this week.
I went there to pick up a cheep mountain bike tire. to fix my brothers bike. seen this BMX had to take a look. seller said give me $*^.00 for it :eek: could not hand over the cash any faster. so now as you can see. it has some issues. but nothing I cant fix.:) plus who would leave a oil slick BMX frame with 10 rise 4 piece bars and sealed bearing cassette wheels for under $80.00??? not this guy :D
dsc044786623f5c320.jpg

dsc044796623f5c5c0.jpg

dsc044806623f5c973.jpg
dsc044816623f688e5.jpg

after
https://elitebmxbikes.com/collections/destro
much better looking.:)
dsc0463366567ecab4.jpg

dsc0463366567ecab4.jpg

dsc04636665ae4aa09.jpg

dsc04638665ae4a93d.jpg
DSC04641.JPG

Sounds it's a good deal to me. 4 piece bars are really cool, they look wiiiide. They'd be killer on a retro MTB update, or an for old klunker resurrection, but of course they're perfect right there too. Is there any markings on them?

Sounds it's a good deal to me. 4 piece bars are really cool, they look wiiiide. They'd be killer on a retro MTB update, or an for old klunker resurrection, but of course they're perfect right there too. Is there any markings on them?
no pretty sure they cam stock on the bike. it sold as a factory complete. but they sell the same bars on eBay in oil slick $58.00 or flat black for $38.00

This is my (Jamis) Laser series 2000 F/F. I bought it new complete in 1985, it was my 1st "real" BMX bike & the 1st thing I ever bought with money I earned for myself. I was trying to race ABA with a Huffy Pro Thunder with a coaster brake. That Huffy lasted about a season while I scrimped and saved to buy a "real" BMX bike. My Dad took me to a shop in the quad cities (can't recall which shop from almost 40 years ago). I believe it was $150.00 then. It had blue Tuf IIs, was chrome and had the required freewheel. There was a National Pro next to it that was gorgeous but out of my price range at $225. I had exactly $150 to my name and when I went to purchase the bike, I learned about sales tax (my old man covered it but reminded me about it for a while)!

Over the years it had a variety of choice parts on it that I wish I still had. I cracked the top tube jumping a set of railroad tracks, but the old man got it tig welded locally. Eventually, nicer bikes replaced it for racing & street riding. When my parents retired & moved out of state, I grabbed it from their house and hung it up in my garage. Time and neglect weren't kind to it, but I'll never sell it. My plan is to eventually get it close to how it looked in 85-86.

Laser 2000.jpg

Last edited:
Eastern Trail Digger (rear wheel doesn't match but it's an Eastern Nitrous with 9t & 14mm axle). Cromo downtube only.Nice solid ride.
Eastern.Trail.Digger.K8GY00248 (1).JPG

Mongoose Fling with some interesting wheels. Boxmart quality.
Mongoose.Fling.SNFSD15HT7971 (1).JPG

Redline Double X. Super sturdy. 14mm axles. Quite heavy duty construction.
REDLINE.DoubleX.HP0209440.2005. (1).jpg

Schwinn Z-Force. Polished Aluminum frame with rectangle shaped stays, diamond shape top & down tubes. Pretty lightweight. Blingy.
P1030582.JPG

This is my (Jamis) Laser series 2000 F/F. I bought it new complete in 1985, it was my 1st "real" BMX bike & the 1st thing I ever bought with money I earned for myself. I was trying to race ABA with a Huffy Pro Thunder with a coaster brake. That Huffy lasted about a season while I scrimped and saved to buy a "real" BMX bike. My Dad took me to a shop in the quad cities (can't recall which shop from almost 40 years ago). I believe it was $150.00 then. It had blue Tuf IIs, was chrome and had the required freewheel. There was a National Pro next to it that was gorgeous but out of my price range at $225. I had exactly $150 to my name and when I went to purchase the bike, I learned about sales tax (my old man covered it but reminded me about it for a while)!

Over the years it had a variety of choice parts on it that I wish I still had. I cracked the top tube jumping a set of railroad tracks, but the old man got it tig welded locally. Eventually, nicer bikes replaced it for racing & street riding. When my parents retired & moved out of state, I grabbed it from their house and hung it up in my garage. Time and neglect weren't kind to it, but I'll never sell it. My plan is to eventually get it close to how it looked in 85-86.

View attachment 270205
Really love seeing and hearing about peoples childhood bikes they still have, thanks for sharing this ones story.

Really love seeing and hearing about peoples childhood bikes they still have, thanks for sharing this ones story.
Thanks bro, there were quite a few that got away that I wish I still had... kept this one and my Profile Champ Pro for all these decades.

I still have my Haro I bought new in 1990, first bike that I bought new with my own money, and one of only two bikes I ever bought new.
That's awesome! I wanted a Haro Master something fierce when they came out in the mid-80's but they were $teep! I did end up buying a re-pop Master DMC 24" a few years back. My wife thinks I'm trying to buy all the bikes I couldn't afford when I was a kid... I think she's on to me! :21:

Back