I Think I Just Became a Motorcycle Enthusiast

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin B

Bicycle Demolitionist
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
img_1_1692817849390.jpg

Please excuse the following rant. I promise I don't feel as strongly about it as the post might indicate. It's not meant to be a flame towards anyone who's posted.

Trigger alert - as a long time motorcycle fan there are a few triggers in this thread that have awakened my grumpy old man mode.

The Tomahawk has four wheels, it's not a motorcycle. Not by any definition I've ever seen anyway. There are a lot of bikes with car engines out there. The Tomahawk isn't one of them. Motorcycles do not have four wheels.

As long as I'm being a buzzkill... the hemi powered bike in the first post is a cartoon. A joke. I say this because the OP joked about it making him an enthusiast. The problem with that is, while it's a fun caricature, it's worthless as a bike. The cafe racer genre was ruined when newbies were brought in to the fold by art bikes they thought were real cafe racers.

SO... I get that I don't get the appeal of the hemi bike and other people do, but let's not lose sight that it was never intended to be a functional bike that would be fun to ride. The IDEA of riding it might seem fun to someone, but the fantasy would not match the reality.

Ok so maybe the Dodge Tomahawk has 4 wheels and isn’t considered a motorcycle or even street legal for that matter, but they did produce 10 of them for around $550,000. But this Viper powered motorcycle was made in England and it has 2 wheels and it has been ridden over 200 mph. The I’m impressed !!

Last edited:
Ok so maybe the Dodge Tomahawk has 4 wheels and isn’t considered a motorcycle or even street legal for that matter, but they did produce 10 of them for around $550,000. But this Viper powered motorcycle was made in England and it has 2 wheels and it has been ridden over 200 mph. The I’m impressed !!

View attachment 247102View attachment 247102
He’s built a bunch of cool bikes, usually adding cylinders to existing bike engines. Then there’s this one made from 2 cylinders from an aircraft radial engine, 5000cc…
IMG_4364.jpeg

Allen Millyard (Who I think built that Viper powered bike) has built a lot of auto engined motorcycles, and some really cool engines for them by making inline 4s into V8s and I'm pretty sure a CBX into a V12? I envy his skills... I'm thinking a V8 motorycle engine in a car could be pretty dang cool... rev to the moon... 400hp... nummy. EDIT: Turns out he used a Kawasaki for the V12, not a Honda. I forgot Kawi even made a six...

I've got to wonder what the torque reaction is like when you rev that Viper engine though. I had a Moto Guzzi for a while and never did get totally used to how it felt like it was falling over if you revved it up at a light...

Oops, I guess I type too slowly!

EDIT: As for the Tomahawk, Dodge themselves have apparently stated they aren't functional and were intended for display only. Art bikes. The Tomahawk was a publicity stunt, plan and simple. I probably wouldn't detest it quite so much if there weren't so many false claims about it's performance. But so many people bought into the ........ about how fast it is...

Last edited:
Allen Millyard (Who I think built that Viper powered bike) has built a lot of auto engined motorcycles, and some really cool engines for them by making inline 4s into V8s and I'm pretty sure a CBX into a V12? I envy his skills... I'm thinking a V8 motorycle engine in a car could be pretty dang cool... rev to the moon... 400hp... nummy. EDIT: Turns out he used a Kawasaki for the V12, not a Honda. I forgot Kawi even made a six...

I've got to wonder what the torque reaction is like when you rev that Viper engine though. I had a Moto Guzzi for a while and never did get totally used to how it felt like it was falling over if you revved it up at a light...

Oops, I guess I type too slowly!

EDIT: As for the Tomahawk, Dodge themselves have apparently stated they aren't functional and were intended for display only. Art bikes. The Tomahawk was a publicity stunt, plan and simple. I probably wouldn't detest it quite so much if there weren't so many false claims about it's performance. But so many people bought into the ........ about how fast it is...
Desmo, yes they were built for display but, they did run and were rideable. The fact that they were a promotional concept and never factory tested for the road was the reason they are considered art displays . Millyards bike on the other hand using the same viper engine is certainly a motorcycle having been ridden at over 200mph. I don’t think Millyard ever built something he wouldn’t ride.

Latest posts

Back