I think...I'm...gonna cry

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I pulled out my old S-Works M2 mountain bike from the shed. I've been thinking of selling off what is left since I pillaged most parts for my 29er.
aa10.jpg

Here's my front hub, Hershey Racing, ceramic shell with aluminum flanges. I purchased it in 1993. At the time it was the stiffest front hub you could buy when using the optional special washers and bolt on system.

aa20.jpg

aa1.jpg

Hershey Racing is no longer. and unfortunately I think my front hub is too.

I might bring it to a precision machine shop, I wonder if new aluminum could be welded on and the hub turned on a lathe.

yeah, the S-Works is small. 16.5". I never really noticed it was a bit on the small side for me til I replaced it with a 18". It was super fun set up a single speed.

I wouldn`t bother fixing it...it`s probably going to continue to crack. Many of the high end hubs from that era are failing. Has to do with the type of aluminum used...

I have a collection of failed mountain bike parts similar to your hub. Some of them hang on the wall in my shop...a few are christmas ornaments. All of them have some pretty cool memories attached. I would strip it out of the wheel and hang on to it but thats just me....( closet hoarder syndrome) :oops:

Back